Twinshockers Memory Test

martinm

A friend of mine recently found a copy of Sammy Millers catalogue with a price list from 1973. Now for those of you around at the time, this was the bible for any "bling" parts for you Spanish trials weapon, with loads of lightweight goodies on offer

However, how many can remember how much things cost back then ????

So, I have scanned 3 pages and for a bit of fun, take a guess at the 1973 prices of the following items....

1. The Sherpa mudguard stays (Item FM2)

2. The Ossa chainguard (MAR3)

3. Plastic front number plate (BSM)26

4. The fibreglass slimline kit....this came with seat and an alloy downswept tailpipe

5......and finally, the Bultaco Highboy frame kit.

Answers revealled on Sunday evening.....see who gets closest.

Good Luck

Martin

SHM1.jpg

SHM2001.jpg

SHM3.jpg

1973!!!! I was around then. Allbeit I was just gettin' around, that is year that I was brought into this world for the sole purpose of aggrevating my parents. Still doing it too.

Ok I'll give it a go but in US $

1. $8

2. $5

3. $2.50

4. $60

5. $120

Edited by ZIPPY

Is there a prize ?

Nice twinshock SWM perhaps ?

Only joking

Dont know if there's a prize or not yet........probably nothing as class as a SWM though :wacko:

But if you dont give an answer, you aint gonna win !!!

PS. Why hasn't Legs submitted a guess yet, he ought to know if anyone :D

Martin

Perce: I bourght my TY250 for 699pounds from Eddy Grimsteads East Ham in 1977 then rode it back to Maidstone without a licence. Oooooopppsss!!!! I've got a pic of it outside the shop but sadly it didn't look that good for long. I remember the rear engine mounts worked thier way loose on the way home and shook the brackets apart!!!!!

I remember Girling gas shocks were near 100 pounds, i'm glad they havn't gone up 400% having just paid less than 200 pounds ($A450) for some Falcons. Some low life stole the Girlings from my securly padlocked TY...... :rotfl: