Argentian Indoor Cancelled

cota kid

That well known organiser of indoor trials has cancelled the Argentinian round of the indoor WTC.

That means Raga has only the two remaining rounds Majorca and Madrid to somehow manage to prevent the inevitable coronation of the new heir apparent Dynamite Bou.

Whilst this years riding, especially the talents of Bou, has revived interest in the indoor series, its seems as if Octagon are doing their very best to turn it into one big farce.

Edited by Cota Kid

I'm at a loss why Octagon chooses countries who don't have any World Round Riders. Also, why do they use countries who would appear to say yes to the money demands of Octagon and when the said country finds out that there is not a lot of interest in the sport they say no to Octagon. Correct me if i'm wrong but if you've riders competing from Europe, America, Autralia, Japan etc.. perhaps they should host the Indoor events at these countries because they've got people riding trials bikes and thus the interest in the sport. I remember an indoor event in Dubai, the staduim was empty, but i guess an oil barron paid lots of money and yes its all about money and not the sport. Anyone remember Gerorge Bush being asked a question on world leaders names? I'd be interested in a similar question to Octagon about the top world riders.

Edited by spud

Evidently the Argentinian Round is very popular for spectators with last years event in Buenos Airies having a full house. No reason as been given for the cancellation and it isn't even mentioned on Octagons Indoor website.

Fair enough its a long distance to travel for the riders, but it is a World and not just Spanish Indoor Championship.

No doubt that Cabestany and Raga are furious that their slim chance of catching Bou as all but diminished.

Octagon couldn't run a bath!

I *think* this is Octagon's last year of their existing contract. If that is the case I'd dearly love to see the FIM refuse to renew it. Amateur is an understatement.

Any thoughts on which organisations are interested in the 2008 contract?

I fail to understand why Octagon impose restictions (finances etc.) on these events.

If we (well Martin and Jake) can hold an indoor event in the UK and make it viable then what does Octagon bring to the mix ?

If all countries took the same stance then couldn't the series work without Octagon ?

What am I missing ????

I fail to understand why Octagon impose restictions (finances etc.) on these events.

If we (well Martin and Jake) can hold an indoor event in the UK and make it viable then what does Octagon bring to the mix ?

If all countries took the same stance then couldn't the series work without Octagon ?

What am I missing ????

what you are mising is the "viable". Do you mean profit, cos I bet sheffield aint the cash cow people think it might be.

If indoor was profitable and easy other promoters other than the Sheffield boys would be trying it.

Yeah, sorry I meant Neil (spent too much time thinking about Hawkstone).

I don't think I'm suggesting Sheffield is a cash cow,

but I still don't understand what difference it would have made to the business model if Octagon had been involved.

Do they CONTRIBUTE to the organisation of the event making it more viable and if so what's in it for them?

Do they MILK it (sorry no pun intended) making it less viable?

Do they put constraints in place making it impractical and if so why?

Does anyone know?

Can anyone (Boss Crosser?) ask Martin/Neil?

Are they in a position to explain?

I'm as frustrated as the next man. Maybe understanding it will help us to accept it.

Yeah, sorry I meant Neil (spent too much time thinking about Hawkstone).

I don't think I'm suggesting Sheffield is a cash cow,

but I still don't understand what difference it would have made to the business model if Octagon had been involved.

Do they CONTRIBUTE to the organisation of the event making it more viable and if so what's in it for them?

Do they MILK it (sorry no pun intended) making it less viable?

Do they put constraints in place making it impractical and if so why?

Does anyone know?

Can anyone (Boss Crosser?) ask Martin/Neil?

Are they in a position to explain?

I'm as frustrated as the next man. Maybe understanding it will help us to accept it.

What i'm thinking is football on TV and the big money involved with the tv rights. I can't think of any other reason why there demands (octagon's) are high financially. Don't get me wrong as i don't know the full picture but should octagon be trying to get the sport noticed on tv then my guess is they'll need a lot of money for Eurosport to sit up and pay attention....any takers with this idea?

Edited by spud

You have all missed the point of this cancellation, its all about world trials domination IE Argentina isnt spanish SO the Spanish get a bigger percentage of the indoor championship and BRITAIN gets nowt Hence the Spanish World championship. Oh and they have their own home champs.

Now to angry to continue typing goin to the pub to rant there. :hyper:

Scappington, You might be right.

And a more cynical person might suggest the cancellation has something to do with decreasing Raga's opportunities of recovering his deficit

My personal query relates to 'what does Octagon bring to the show' ?

Sheffield was a great event all credit to the organisers!!!

Other than TV coverage, what was missing that could justify having Octagon in control and able to call the shots and charge huge (?) fees for the pleasure?

• 3 weeks later...