Sherco 3.2

ishy

Been riding my 3.2 now since 05, I updated the frame in 06 added bling parts, fat bars, pegs, TRP rear shock, did all the cam and factory upgrades.

I'm very pleased with how it's performing, and getting good results in events, and more consistant.

But not seen or heared any news in ages from the importer or factory, are they going ahead with the bike or not ? I love it and think it's a great trials bike, and it's got plenty of trials under it's belt now, must be close to 80 or more, plus all the other riding I do on it.

Come on Sherco. :thumbup:

Edited by Ishy

Ishy - Ishy you sound like a dieing swan what's up chap? Have you the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE?... page 44 has an 07 black framed 3.2, looks...sex

I'm going to get myself in dead water when i ask "do you think the 3.2 is the best looking 4t?" I do, i like the beta's looks a lot, not overally keen on the scorpa i see one in the flesh the other day and the mont is so common the name should change from 4rt for Ford Mondeo :angry: ...(seeing as its only me who is replying i don't think anyone will notice what i've just said) :thumbup:

Edited by spud

It's good to see they are going ahead with an 07 model JM, I think the bike is a winner, the way it handle's and the bigger bore and stroke from other brands on offer, do give it more of an old four stroke feel, but it still feels like riding a two stroke sherco in the handling department, nothing wrong with the high tech pistons and short strokes, Sherco just produce the power in a different way, a good soft power, with shed loads of grunt.

After many oil changes and hours on the bike, I can say the motor has stood up well with no mechanical problems.

Installing the motor into the 06 frame without removable front down tubes is hard, I ended up putting the motor on a bench then manipulating the frame over the motor to get it in, removable down tubes on the 05 frame made this task easy.

Flywheel cover needs to be made of a stronger material, or the engine bash plate needs extending a little at the front to protect it, one good bash on a rock and the front mounting bolt on the cover cracks the case, it's a bit flimsy in that area.

i can't help but wonder what this 07 spec machine will be like. i would have bought one but there was no news and i've just bought a 2t beta, the 4t was too expensive and not available. I remember sherco has used weight as a sale ploy for their 2t's, if they can do the same for the 4t and make the bike lightest of all the 4t's this may just create enough interest and some positive. i have owned the 4rt ,nice bike with a crap rider, i should have gone for the sherco at the time. ishy says the power throbs, i reckon i might just get myself one when the money's available. for sherco, please make sure the 07 machine is 100%, its got the looks, its got the right sized engine and if its reliable it will sell - well to me that is :banana2:

Edited by spud

Spud, Even the early 4T I had was superb in the power delivery department and having ridden the new Scorpa 4t and the stock 4RT, I still strongly believe that without doubt, its the best 4T out there engine wise.

If they continue to develop it it can only get better.

The Beta 4t is an unknown for me as I haven't ridden one but when you here people talk about the Bike, they mention terminology like it has good balance or its power delivery is much like a 2 stroke etc.

Well firstly, the balance is to do with the bikes geometry and weight distribution which no doubt they have done a good job on.

And secondly, if you want a 4 stroke to ride like a 2 stroke then buy a 2 stroke and save 1+ grand :banana2:

If you want a proper 4 stroke then right now it’s got to be a Sherco 4T and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

IMHO :blink:

If you want a proper 4 stroke then right now it’s got to be a Sherco 4T and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

IMHO :banana2:

Nice to look at, good to ride but a bitch to start - not the best out there by a long shot

Ahh but that was soooooo 2005 :rotfl:

They made a mistake and they won't do it again - the next time one is seen again in the hands of the general public (Late 2007?) it will be the dogs danglies.... AND it will have an even better motor than the one its got now so no other 4T will be better!

IMHO :blink: