Scorpa T Ride

07betarev3

I loved my Pampera, I just couldn't live with the maintainance for a third year of ownership.

Picturesfromlaptop123.jpg

The Pampera is in a different league when it comes to Long Distance trials or really technical trail riding, but it is limited by its trials bike engine when it comes to road or enduro use. The T ride comes accross in the video as a perfect combination of an enduro/trail bike engine matched to a lightweight trials type chassis. I think Front has summed it up very well and I for one can't wait to see how good the T ride is in the flesh.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes absolutely agree, i think it would make a great trail ldt bike and for green laning too, perhaps it might not be suitable for enduros without some suspension mods but perhaps it is not meant to be an enduro bike, I think its perfect as a trail trialer like the pampera was and i think ill just accept that ill keep a seperate mount for enduro but to be honest my current thumper is not suitable for enduros its a Honda XR650L which is a dual purpose bike so ill change that in time for somthing like a Husky WR250 or something like that and use the T Ride as a LDT and general play bike which i think is ideal.

[

I take it you have personal experience of their poor build quality then??

My mate has one...............snapped frame..................snapped steerer tube.............only good thing is the engine

Where did the frame break - I've had one or 3.5 years now & you've got me worried! Was this wear & tear or the result of a stunt?

As for T ride looks great & just what I need. However I suspect these will not sell for Pampera money.......

[

I take it you have personal experience of their poor build quality then??

My mate has one...............snapped frame..................snapped steerer tube.............only good thing is the engine

Where did the frame break - I've had one or 3.5 years now & you've got me worried! Was this wear & tear or the result of a stunt?

the two down tubes had snapped as did the two top tubes, the frame was very rusty inside as well. It snapped landing a tiny jump though..........

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to read there are a few Long Distance Trial enthusiasts contributing to the forum.

I currently ride a Beta Alp 200 in LDTs and the ScorpaT-Ride has got me interested as a possible replacement.

There's a whole gallery of T-Ride pics here: http://www.scorpa.fr/actualites.php?actu_id=22

One thing of concern is the motor - is it more SY-F or WR? At the end of the video it says 30ch which I presume means 30 horsepower. Does this imply the WR motor? Or does the SY-F make this much?

Johns: I'd be interested to see a pic of Montesa's attempt at a trail bike. Clicked on your link but you have to login to the referenced site.

Thanks.

Even just from a commercial point of view that video promo' is a million percent better than the first offering a year ago (where the bike was pootling around on some snowy forest floor).

Videos like that make you want the product so much .

I have seen the latest prototypes of the bike in the flesh and I know quite a bit about the bike.

Start saving your money, it is going to be a great bike, I want one.

That is all I am going to say!

I have seen the latest prototypes of the bike in the flesh and I know quite a bit about the bike.

Start saving your money, it is going to be a great bike, I want one.

That is all I am going to say!

Do you have any idea if the engine if the T Ride is the same as the SY250F? I'm really hoping that it rides just like a slightly heavier/taller trials bike.

This was how the Gas Gas Pampera felt, it had a trials bike engine and was brilliant for LDT's. Unfortunately, Pampera's were build down to the bargain