Awesome Trials Article

no jive

Over the weekend our club (Ridgerunners Santa Cruz, CA) put on the British American Cup at Hollister Hills. My Dad started the event in 1971 and has had past winners such as Marland Whaley, Lane Leavitt, Scott Head, Kip Webb.

One of the writers from City Bike came out and took photos and wrote a story and has it posted on the web www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?+=39474

There are some awesome photos and a small story. They are going to run a shorter story in the magazine. It is pretty impressive what an article can do to get some attention to the sport. The writer was at an Enduro and ran into Adrian Lewis from Lewisport. Adrian invited him to come up. He spent 2 days taking photos. There is also an article for the vintage trial we had on saturday, you may have to search for it on his web site.

Cody Webb won the event on his Sherco and Max Malsbery took 2nd on his Scorpa 4 stroke

Edited by No Jive
Made clicky linky

Lane is that how you won so many times. You set it up and pre rode all the sections. :lol: Sorry I forgot to name you as co-founder. I feel terrible about that.

Copey I didnt ride. I put the event on (with lots of help) so I didnt have a chance to crash. As far as the girls, I dont have enough money to have the umbrella girls come out.

So I hope everyone liked the pictures.

I would have won it a ton more times if I had not been clerk of the course and not ridden. Vesty the great former World Champion is also a past British American winner by the way.

Why your dad and I founded this trial was to show the Yanks how trials were done in England! With mail entries, no splits in the sections and riders starting one per minute, deturmined by reciept of entry.

I remember one year your dad disqualifed Wiltz Wagner the head of the NATC for cheating! Man that didn't go over well and boy did I get a lot of heat for that back at the council for that!

LOL

The DVD on any 3rd Sunday goes in the mail today! That was another fine event that I used to organize each year up in NorCal......the DVD was of the Team Trial I believe, the Geritol trial was organized the very next day and was another event I established and is still running today, like the British American cup.

That's what makes me so mad about our current champions here in the USA. They never seem to give much back to the sport, they simply take, take take.

Remember the Schrieber cup, the trial that Bernie established and is still going?

Edited by Mich Lin

Looking at the pictures makes me really wish the trials wasn't scheduled on the same weekend as an ATA event down here, I would have traveled up there to ride at Hollister. I would also have liked to go to Praire City, but they had to put that on the same weekend as an ATA event too :D

I used to race Hare Scrambles at Hollister, was the trials in the same area of the park that they run the races?

Edited by sirhc

like the girls in your profile pic to!

Yeah the girls are nice. At our events every rider gets 3 girls. :D It's not easy to concentrate, but we try. We have a waiting list to get in our club.

Sirhc the event was at the upper ranch of Hollister. This is the 4WD area. They will shut this area down if there is a motorcycle event but I talked the Rangers into letting us in with the 4WDs. Everyone was happy. Hopefully the Rangers will allow us more events

Of course Kip was in charge of section design. So we had some great sections. By the way Sirhc where was your Uncle? I showed up to his event

Thanks Andy for completing the link on the first post

Edited by No Jive

By the way Sirhc where was your Uncle? I showed up to his event

I think he is a little more into shooting than riding these days :D It is a little funny though, he has always been better than me on a motorcycle whether racing or riding trials and I finally beat him by a few points at the El trial.....It only took until he was over 50 and not riding much anymore for me to beat him. It didn't last long as he beat me again at the Kraut Cup trial where he won and I got second.

Yeah the girls are nice. At our events every rider gets 3 girls.

What he is not telling you is it's the SAME three girls for ALL the riders :rotfl: