Van To Take 2 Bikes And Kit

rapid roy

A mate of mine has got a Peugeot Expert 1.9 TDi van... absolutely fantastic. It has 3-man bench seat in front, 2 sliding side doors and usual 2 rear doors. Its pretty quick about the road, drives like a car, is comfortable and can easily accomodate 2 bikes plus kit... we've even had three in there for 250+ mile journeys and its still more than adequate.

The Peugeot can also be found as a Fiat or a Citroen - same van different badges. Go for the diesel without fail.

Other than that, you go for the obvious Transit/Merc Vito type.

Hope you find a good 'un !!

I have got one of the old shape 110 cdi vitos. Quick, 33 to the gallon i can get 3 bikes and 5 people cleanly in. But i recommend somthing like a Vauxhall Combo of Transit Connect. You don't need anything bigger as long as you only have 2 passengers.

Hi.Ive owned VW vans for 7 years and they are the best.Many people overlook the quality because they are ugly and boring.The turbo diesels are fast and mine does 40 mpg.Also vans ruin tyres as well so rotate them every 10 000 km and check the pressures all the time.

I'd take a look at the Classifieds on the front page. Trials Central seems to be rapidly turning into a Used Van Showroom... :lol:

YO ANDY

WIND YOUR NECK IN

I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT TO LOOK AT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

I THINK THERE ARE VAN BETTER SUITED TO THE JOB OF TRANSPORTING BIKES THAN OTHERS

I HOPE THE RESPONSES FROM TRIALS CENTRAL WILL HELP ME MAKE A GOOD DECISION

CHEERS

Id recommend a Renault Traffic short wheel base. They have plently of space, a good alarm , the 1.9 TD has plenty of go and a 6th gear and 18,000 service intervals. It was van of the year for a couple or so i believe. Nissan , Citreon and Peugeot have the same van badged under their name. I got my 02 plate in June last year with 102,000 miles for 3500 inc vat which i thought was reasonable

Hope this helps and good luck

Muppet

GG249uk - Where did you make your purchase? Dealership, private?? Price seems cheap (cheap is good!), i've seen similar age and mileage for more money. Is there a website (other than TC clasifieds) that anyone can recommend.

I bought mine from British car auctions at Blackbushe. If you call them up on 01428 607440 they will tell you which models and when they are up for auction , as long as your fairly specific .

Mine was previously owned by Chubb fire so was used for light use to service extinguishers and fit alarms etc.