Bultaco Front Fork Springs Recommendations Please.

old trials fanatic

hello bultacorock yes ive had them springs in the past there pritty good has im on the heavy side i go for the pursang springs there longer so makes the front end abit stiffer i do need so for 1 off my bikes to be honest cheers bondy

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, any company you would recommend ?

I don't know of anyone specifically no, there are many spring manufacturers down here, mainly in Redditch, but I've no actual experience of any. I have had some springs made but they were done though a back door contact but they were pretty cheap. I don't imagine it would have been much more over the counter. I've heard other people say they have had springs made for not much cost.

I'd measure them, wire thickness, overall length and internal diameter, then just pick out a few off google and see if you can get some quotes.

The only place I can think of that might have some originals is Vale Onslow in Birmingham as they have masses of stuff for British bikes as the shop has been going since the 1920s. Old Len died in the early 2000s but son, 'young' Len (now 80 and was in the same school class as my dad) has worked there since he left school, as has younger brother Peter and the stuff they can remember is incredible. Be warned though, it can be hard work. (and my mum was at school with Jeff Smith's sister) Can't see the shop being around for too many more years, not only because of their age, it's falling down.

• 6 years later...