Fantic 200 Fm 237

beardy2000

Hi i have got a Fantic 200 156cc and have had a new coil (ducati) and since fitting keep getting fouled plug! has anyone got any ideas or having the same trouble? Im running a NGK b6hs plug which is fine for about two hours but just cuts out. wont start atall untill i change the plug and then starts straight away

Edited by beardy2000

do you just have to clean plug or replace it? if bike runs ok for couple of hours it suggests ignition ok,so is carb,are you useing good 2 stroke oil,not rubbish from local petrol staition.im not sure if you are using correct plug ask in local bike shop you go into next time to get good oil.

do you just have to clean plug or replace it? if bike runs ok for couple of hours it suggests ignition ok,so is carb,are you useing good 2 stroke oil,not rubbish from local petrol staition.im not sure if you are using correct plug ask in local bike shop you go into next time to get good oil.

The correct plug as told by many is a B6HS?, Could do with knowing the correct air screw setting! plug is very black and shorted out when checked with multy meter, have change the oil and still did it. been told not to use synthetic oil and only mineral?

The correct plug as told by many is a B6HS?, Could do with knowing the correct air screw setting! plug is very black and shorted out when checked with multy meter, have change the oil and still did it. been told not to use synthetic oil and only mineral?

1 3/4 turns out. Everyone i know with 200's use's synthetic oil?.

what was the reason you changed coil?

Was it the original coil you took off,if so the chance's are you still have the original stator on your bike.might be worth looking into that abit more.

Hi, I had a 201 years ago with the same problem, every 2 hours it'd cut out. My solution was to carry a spare plug and wrench strapped to the bars. once the plugs were cleaned they'd be fine. I can't remember the plug type but the then fantic importer told me they were the same ones used in citroen 2cv's and i should try the local citroen dealer, who also confirmed they'd supplied a few fantic owners over the years. As for causes, haven't got a clue but then we didn't have the internet back then.

Cheers, Stuart.

The mixture screw is not a finite setting, its a infinite setting. Any numbers that people give, ie one and a half turns etc, is a starting point. Every engine is individual, therefore the mixture screw maybe different for each individual bike, of the same model. It's an adjustment screw, for fine tuning, richer one way, weaker the other, if screwing it in and out does not change the engine charactristics, at tickover, then the carb probably needs more attention, such as needle up or down or fuel level or both, or even more, such as ignition, advance/retire, there's no easy fix, just experience....

Edited by ask greeves

Worth checking the two screws holding the pick up on the stator plate to the flywheel. I had problems similar to yours in that it was killing plugs and kind of 4 stroking. After renewing all the electrics with no sucsess i found that this was loose and once tightened problem was fixed. If you decide to get low tension coil rewound then send it to Steve Hardaker in spain 1st class service returned for about