Kawasaki Kt250 Help Needed

scotty

Hi Chaps! Ive dragged the old kt250 out of the garage to do up BUT! It needs some new rear shocks i swapped some Betors over from the ossa these are 14 1/2 " between centres when fitted to the KT they jack the rear end up a bit high (i think these are the shortest length avalible?) does anyone do rear shock lengths of around 13 1/2 ? also the bike seems to run to rich ,ie when you flick the choke on the engine cant take it and dies also you can nearly always start the bike without the choke. The airfilters clean and the airscrew is set at one turn out from fully closed! could the needle do with dropping down a couple of notches? thanks in advance Nick.

Does anyone know the correct float height for a KT250? Ive got fuel dripping out of the floatbowl vent pipe, So i presume either the needle valves worn or the float heights wrong? or both? also the bikes running a bit rich ,ie no choke needed and when its flicked on (when cold!) it nearly kills the engine! any ideas? thanks Nick.

Does anyone know the correct float height for a KT250? Ive got fuel dripping out of the floatbowl vent pipe, So i presume either the needle valves worn or the float heights wrong? or both? also the bikes running a bit rich ,ie no choke needed and when its flicked on (when cold!) it nearly kills the engine! any ideas? thanks Nick.

If the float arms are close to horizontal when you hold the carby upside down you are pretty close. You may also want to check if either of the floats has a hole (and full of fuel). The most common cause of what you describe is a worn float needle/seat.

If the fuel height is too high of course it will run rich.

I would be amazed if fuel came out the float bowl vent while the carby is up the right way. More likely to be the float bowl overflow line (the one that comes out the bottom of the bowl).

If the float arms are close to horizontal when you hold the carby upside down you are pretty close. You may also want to check if either of the floats has a hole (and full of fuel). The most common cause of what you describe is a worn float needle/seat.

I would be amazed if fuel came out the float bowl vent while the carby is up the right way. More likely to be the float bowl overflow line (the one that comes out the bottom of the bowl).

I've just looked at the owners manual and the text says the fuel level should be 4~6mm below the joint between the main body of the carby and the float bowl. The diagram shows the measurement as 2~4mm below the joint. To check the fuel height the way the book says requires a special fitting that replaces the float bowl drain plug with a clear hose on it. If you want to see the page from the manual, send me an email and I will send a scan of the page.

Yes sorry the fuels dripping out of the float bowl overflow pipe! also noticed the fuel tap wont turn off!!! this wont help of course? please email the diagram to me if you could. nick.scott007@btinternet.com thanks for all the replys!