D6 Season Opener

shercrazy

Should be a great event! We had one there in '05. This one has all new sections. Nice scenic loop too! You won't be disappointed! Did you attend the event in Dubois hollow last fall? That one was on my ground. Not having one there this year.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

So we pulled off our 1st event of the year yesterday with almost perfect weather. I was told we had a turn out of 78 riders! 1st place in Beginer, Novice, and Intermediate recieved a new back tire! I had several compliments on the event from riders passing thru my section. I also had quite a few guys miss section 9. I guess we didn't have it marked well on the loop. Sorry guys!

Adam

I think it was possible they didnt have a chance to look up and see the marker. Some people got down that section of loop a lot quicker than they wanted. I didnt see any problems though. Hit it all 5 times. Fun section, good event, well worth the trip.

Aaron

yes it was a great event! i got 5th place nov. out of 28 riders! pretty damn good! just a few too many celebration beers afterwards, pretty crappy mon. morning! i think i'll be up on fri. if i can ever get all the mud off my bike!.......................john

Glad you guys had fun! I'm with ya on the celebration beers! A few too many! Amiller, now I'm putting it together! I came up and rode an event at your place last year. Good job putting on a quality event in a small area. Be sure to clue us in if you have another one!

Adam

Sorry but you already missed one on the 22nd of April. No fear there will be 2 more this season at my place.

We started a new club up here, political issues. Check us out at ntrtrials.com everything you need to know should be there. Make sure you all come up to Cayuta for our season opener 2 day. We made sure to do it on an off weekend for you PA boys. Its at the 2001 national site. About 45 minutes north of the border.

If anyone wants us to send them club info and schedules just email me addresses and I will get the info out.

Aaron

Aaron,

I notice that the event type on the 29th is listed as "British". What's the difference between British and Traditional? I know that 3D puts on an English trials and I was told that it meant that all classes ride the same sections. Is British the same thing?

Thanks, Brian

By the way, I thought that the Novice line sections were great at Trout Run. I wasn't too crazy about that section of the loop near section 9, but other than that it was a great trials! Great job by PTR again.

Here's what the D-6 rules say. You usually can join D-6 the day of any D-6 event. I think it's around $10.00. If you like rocks, Candytown M/C in Elizabethtown, PA will be hosting the next event on May 20.

SIGN-UPS

To compete you MUST show both AMA and District 6 cards at sign-up!

Non District 6 rider points are tracked for advancement only and rider will not receive any points or trophies.

EVENT OFFICIAL

Event officials are as follows: Trials Chairperson and Club Referee. The club referee is the principal officer, point

If you like rocks, Candytown M/C in Elizabethtown, PA will be hosting the next event on May 20.

I am a novice so I like smooth rolling hills :thumbup:

Thanks for the info. I am just trying to fill the gaps in my series schedule. Its nice riding different places. I also plan a trip north of the border to Quebec.

Motofire,

You might also want to consider going to one of the 3D events. I've only done one of their events, but it was great. They are bunch of great guys, and if the event I did was representative (Oneonta), they found ways to create challenging sections that were still very safe and sane. They're also a little closer to you. Their schedule can be found here:

http://members.dmcom.net/~3dtrials/schedule.html#schedule

Brian

Our British Trials is the same thing. One line, 15 sections, probably 3 loops. Its a big loop though. If you like to trail ride this is the event.

As far as PA sign up goes, I just give them my AMA card with 20 bucks and go riding.

Hope to see some of you folks at NTR this year! Signing up will be pretty simple. AMA card and 20 bucks unless you join NTR. Then all modern events are $15. Vintage events are still $10 to everyone. There is a Exhibition class for modern bikes too. As always, after a vintage, food and beverage are provided.

Aaron