Uk Versus Us, What Are The Differences?

jimbo

Hello,

Being a total noob to the sport/lifestyle of trials, I am interested in all of its aspects. One thing I have noticed is that there appears to be a distinction between U.S. Trials and European Trials. What are those differences?

Thanks,

Jimbo

Over in the US of A, a lot more trials are televised and watched by millions as the drama unfolds and all the twists and turns are closely observed.

Over here, it's more low key.

In the USA, you will often get off clean, especially if you are well known, eg. OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson

Over here the observing and judgment are more severe and fame nor fortune will help you, eg. Jeffrey Archer, Gary Glitter

Over in the US of A, a lot more trials are televised and watched by millions as the drama unfolds and all the twists and turns are closely observed.

You must be talking about our 'Master of Champions' series on ABC?

either that or Judge Judy ;);)

I think this post sums up the sense of humour the English have that is obivously not always picked up by those in the USA...!

Classic.

Although considered by most around me as a rather dry and sarcastic humor, I must admit that I quite often lack a frame of reference for english humor.

having said that, and after reading of some of the problems you blokes seem to having with hooligans running amok on mini's thru the urban neighborhoods, it seems ya'll basically lack an abundance of riding areas, geographically restricted if you will. Here in the states, we've got more elbow room, but I'm afraid we've got many of the same governmental special interest whackos who want us off the land so that we can preserve the natural habitat of the yellow bellied spotted conservationist who selfishly guards all public domains as it's own. There does seem to be more politics in your riding, but also more traditionalism in many of your events. I believe that europe is many years ahead of the US in many ways, especailly where motorbikes in general are concerrned. Right now, we're still bogged down with the Harley Generation and tens of thousands of wannabes who are more about image than the love of riding. Oh well. nuff said about that, specially as I was speaking up my own sleeve as it were.

Last question. If I could come to europe and only ride one trials event, the most prestigious, the most scenic, the most whatever. What should it be?

having said that, and after reading of some of the problems you blokes seem to having with hooligans running amok on mini's thru the urban neighborhoods, it seems ya'll basically lack an abundance of riding areas,

jimbo.

WE have so many hooligan's running amok on mini's over here because we have an idiot called Tony Blair running our country (God we will be under control of brown soon and he look's like he should be living under a bridge some where) anyway blair took all power away from the parent's to keep the kid's in control,clip round the ear never hurt no one,cant do that now you'd end up in jail.

In general there's quite a lot of ridding area's if your in the know that is.

It's just the high profile ridding area's that are getting hit.

One of the differences between UK and USA trials riding is the swear words we use. I am so amazed the anti swearing software dots out the word B*****ks, and not the word ass. :wall: My english friends have a wholly different albeit colorful vernacular. Another thing I notice is that since there are alot more englishmen riding trials, they seem a bit more low key about 'blowing their own horn" For example a trials result sheet in UK has no first names. It reads T Smith, B Jones, R Johnson etc, whereas in America we use the entire name and hopefully the bike brand, number of cleans, points per loop mothers' maiden name etc... Just something I notice.

Edited by JayLael

having said that, and after reading of some of the problems you blokes seem to having with hooligans running amok on mini's thru the urban neighborhoods, it seems ya'll basically lack an abundance of riding areas,

jimbo.

WE have so many hooligan's running amok on mini's over here because we have an idiot called Tony Blair running our country (God we will be under control of brown soon and he look's like he should be living under a bridge some where) anyway blair took all power away from the parent's to keep the kid's in control,clip round the ear never hurt no one,cant do that now you'd end up in jail.

That is the biggest load of b*

jimbo.

That is the biggest load of b*