Sherco Spokes

jaymoffatt

Hello all,

I have managed to shear off a rear spoke on my 2003 Serco 250. Others are loose and I'm affraid the same will happen on tightening them. I've covered the remaining spokes with penertrating fluid so fingers crossed.

I was wondering if any one knows of any companys that I could buy some rear wheel spokes from?

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards,

Jay Moffatt.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just had the same problem, sheered off three spokes from the back wheel but was my own fault for not checking them. Ive managed to get some on mail order from TW bikesport on 01784 826394. They cost 75p per spoke and 50p for the nipple.

i just need a tightening tool now if there is one available? Does anyone know of a way to replace the spokes and nipples without removing the tyre?

I'd managed to snap a spoke and I rang Rathmells. Got a new spoke the next day in the post. About 50p I think. You need to be specific which side of the hub its from too.

It was a little tricky to fit, due to the spoke configuration on the hub. Chances are to you will break the seal on your rim tape if you run a tubless tyre.

It's hard to help this sort of post when we don't know where in the world you are.

You could start with an official Sherco Importer in your country.

The Spokes fitted to the Sherco as standard don't have a particularly high quality plating so they tend to corrode, this is a noticeable problem in the UK, bikes here are often carried across the back of cars and in the winter they get thoroughly salt water rinsed, you may well find that in your locality there is a wheel builder who can provide you with good quality galvanised or triple plated spokes & nipples.

If you are fitting new spokes to the rear wheel and want to keep tubeless tyres on it you will almost certainly need a new rim band to get a good seal, put the new band in a bucket of very hot water before you fit it, if you can get away with it put the whole wheel in a bath of hot water too. This makes it easier to fit the band and get it properly seated without resorting to silicone etc. Wayne Thais site used to document the fitting of the band very well.

When I removed the original tyre from my 05 Sherco, the band was out of its groove in 3 separate places. From new! Hence the slow puncture.