Practise Plans To Learn The Fundamentals?

jza

Hey guys,

I need to stop blatting around and start some sort of regime to learn new skills on my bike.

I'm enjoying it now end... but dont feel im learning much other than my clutch and throttle control and how to fall off :wall:

With my own sport of basketball there are different fundamental drills you can do that break down the various aspects of the game. If you learn each one the game becomes much easier...

I dont have that knowledge for trials riding hence the post

Do any of you have training schedules you use to break down the various techniques required to get better? Ideally i'd like to start splitting my riding into 50% fun 50% proper practise.

That way i'd like to improve my riding whilst keeping it fun at the same time.

Any tips would be appreciated :D

Jza

Great tuition website http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/

Give it a try :wall:

Hey Ant,

Thanks for that - have seen that before and its a little too advanced for me yet e.g. to practise the hopping i need to be able to balance... which i cant do... and getting up / falling off a 4 ft tree stump wont do anything for me but break me and the bike LOL

Any "beginner" stuff anyone?

Jza

Ok,"balancing",,,,laugh all you want and maybe I cheated but I have two trees in the front yard about 2ft.apart.

I backed my bike inbetween and stepped on the pegs wobbling all over resting my hips on the trees side to side

within 10min or so and a little focus the feeling came,now it seems second nature. Remember to compensate using the bars not your feet.

Edited by Half a tire Right

you might want to try and put down on the ground 3 marker's in a row far enough apart to go round them in a figure of 8,then tighten thing's up if needed.that should help you find your balance and if you tighten them up enough you might be able to practice abit of hopping .thats as basic as it come's so you should'nt hurt yourself if thing's go wrong.

I know it's been said before but i got Ryan Young's Trials Training Techniques DVD and it has the basic up.Yeah I'm having problems learning to balance too and that seems like it is the technique that you really need to get right before progressing to the next stage?

best fing i found was to make a section which you think that you could possibly do for a three and add aspects that you know that you havent tried or have a weakness at and try and try it until you clean it two or three times and then add another bit like a bigger step or tighter turn and you should start to get better

I know it's been said before but i got Ryan Young's Trials Training Techniques DVD and it has the basic up.Yeah I'm having problems learning to balance too and that seems like it is the technique that you really need to get right before progressing to the next stage?

Yes Yes,very good disc,lots of detail and great info. Another one to check out from supertrial.com Mark Manniko and Tommi Ahvala in Moab Utah,audio sucks but the rest is good and humorus.

Ok,"balancing",,,,laugh all you want and maybe I cheated but I have two trees in the front yard about 2ft.apart.

I backed my bike inbetween and stepped on the pegs wobbling all over resting my hips on the trees side to side

within 10min or so and a little focus the feeling came,now it seems second nature. Remember to compensate using the bars not your feet.

compensate using the bars not your feet?

keep the bottom half of your body locked and use the pressure on the front wheel in the dirt to qadjust you using the bars! This creates far finer adjustments than with your feet and takes alot less concentration. Its on the Ryan Young DVD (first one).

Laters!

Sean

2 weeks ago i was in the same situation as you, i could ride the bike but would struggle/loose bottle at gtting up and over a tree stump 6" high!

after getting the Ryan Young DVD he shows you alot of things to make life so much easier, also goes thru the basics like balancing, now im going up fallen trees which are 1ft high and feeling much more confident also going up hill climbs, knowing exactly were my body position should be.

Im even thinking about entering a novice trial in the next month or so, :thumbup:

keep the bottom half of your body locked and use the pressure on the front wheel in the dirt to qadjust you using the bars! This creates far finer adjustments than with your feet and takes alot less concentration. Its on the Ryan Young DVD (first one).

Laters!

Sean

Ah... ive been trying to use my feet the balance on the pegs - LOL Thanks for that tip ill give it a try :thumbup:

Laters!

Sean

Ah... ive been trying to use my feet the balance on the pegs - LOL Thanks for that tip ill give it a try :thumbup:

To start with, lower the front tyre pressure to normal riding pressure (5-6pounds) Then there will be more resistance making it easier to correct yourself. Facing downhill slightly and doing it on dirt/mud help alot to!