Fantic 240 Professional Carburettor. Help Needed!

burners

Have just re-built the carb on my 240 with all fresh bits and am trying to get it set up right. I know what worked before but it was all pretty worn then, any advice on the best practice for setting it?? Thanks .

It sounds as though you know what your doing. All ill add, is to set the float at the right height . If i remember rightly the idle screw works opposite to normal , in that you screw it in to weaken and out to enrich.Set everything up how it was and go from there. The worn parts may not have had such an effect on things as you thought.Keep an eye on you plug. Good luck.

Try this to set up your mixture screw on your Dellorto.

1 Start bike and speed up tickover by screwing the throttle stop in 1 turn.

2. Screw the mixture fully in and you will notice the engine revs will start to drop

3. Slowly start to wind the mixture screw out, until you notice the revs start to increase again.....at which point the pilot circuit is operating correctly.

4. Return throttle stop to prefered tickover.

Hope this helps.

Martin

I also have a 240 pro and aren't to sure on the carburetion, it seems to pink when revved. Can somebody just confirm that the carb is a dellorto PHBL 25 and does anybody have the standard carb settings.

Any help much appreciated.

gicleurcarbu240ej5.jpg

heres a bild from chris darras fantic side. I would change the main to 95 unless you ride a lot on the road. I would also use a smaller pilot jet (42?)unless the exhaust has recently been burnt out and repacked

HTH

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris