'04 280 Vs 300 Pro

dabs alot

I'm in the market for a '04 Gas-Gas Pro and I am looking for some opinions from riders that have ridden both the 300 and the 280. I ride intermediate class at our club, I struggle with low traction sections so I'm wondering which would have a powerband more suited to low traction situations.

But....

I also enjoy play/trail riding on my trials mount where a snappy, powerful engine is fun.

I guess you can't have it all with one bike!

Fire away with the opinions, just don't recommend another brand bike, I live in Gas-Gas country! B)

Thanks

Right the 280 is a good bike but is really hard to stop is spinning in section with low grip and on moors. Most of the boys in our club have 300 they say much better bike, more mellow power but just as snappy as the 280. Buy the looks of it the 300 is a better bike in wet muddy condtions.

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy

Wonderboy

wot are u talking about, i had a shot on a 280 and a 300, i would have to say that i preferred the 280, it grips on the moors very well indeed and has good gearing also it is really light in order to flick about in oreder to regain grip!!

I know a guy who had a 280 pro, and he had a shot of a 300 to see if he would buy it or if he was gonna get another 280 - he is an expert rider for the club and has been Scottish champion, he said the 300 just loses grip and is far to powerful, he flipped it several times on hill climbs if he out it above 1/2 throttle - not good

i think you would be better with a 2004 280 pro

REV`er

Wonderboy

wot are u talking about, i had a shot on a 280 and a 300, i would have to say that i preferred the 280, it grips on the moors very well indeed and has good gearing also it is really light in order to flick about in oreder to regain grip!!

I know a guy who had a 280 pro, and he had a shot of a 300 to see if he would buy it or if he was gonna get another 280 - he is an expert rider for the club and has been Scottish champion, he said the 300 just loses grip and is far to powerful, he flipped it several times on hill climbs if he out it above 1/2 throttle - not good

i think you would be better with a 2004 280 pro

REV`er

Really well i was talking to soke mechanics and thats what they had to say. The 280 is really built for dry condtions with hot weather.Chris yes you had a go on them i ok but you havn't riden them for a long time and fully tested them.

The guy i that i know is come to do the SSDT and has been a motorbike mechanic for many years. I will as him on both bike and i will tell you what he says.

Also the 280 and 300 are both easy bike to flick about.

Gavin

Hi I ride an 04 250 pro, My dad has got a 300 pro, I prefer the 250 to the 300, as i get grip more easly, but i find it a lot harder to do with the 300. But i think that is because iam use to riding the 250. My advice would be try both and see which one you like best