Beta Techno Plug Fouling Problem

technowaldo

Hi, I have a 1994 Beta Techno, the bike runs great, starts first kick but I am having loads of problems with it fouling a new spark plug after about 2 hours riding. The plug is very black and sooty when removed. I am running a BP5ES plug 70,1 fuel mix, i have replaced crank shaft oil seals, air filter spotless mixture screw 2 turns out Does anyone have any ideas as I am at my wits end with it. Thanks Alan also meant to say its got a delorotto carb a cf 262 main jet and a 65 pilot and the bolt holding the float bowl has a 88 jet in it (not sure what that jet in the bolt does as ive never came across it before can anyone help)

Edited by technowaldo

I don't think this is your problem, but you might check it. When your floats go up all the way do they shut of the fuel flow. How long has it done this, what was the last thing you changed? How rich is your oil, 100 to 1 or 80 to 1?

I don't think this is your problem, but you might check it. When your floats go up all the way do they shut of the fuel flow. How long has it done this, what was the last thing you changed? How rich is your oil, 100 to 1 or 80 to 1?

hiya yes the floats shut off the fuel ok its done this since i got it about 4 months ago but its costing a fortune in plugs oil mixture is 70 to 1 last thing i changed was the crankshaft oil seals as i thought it might be sucking gearbox oil through them but it made no difference cheers alan

Hi could be a lot of things it we could be a weak spark, stator or coil going down when hot, could get the stator rewound at west country windings plymouth first, then change the coil or borrow a set to try. you could also try an ev type plug (fine tip) to concentrate the spark or on the other hand it could be fueling i ran mine at 80:1 but i dont think thats your problem could try down jetting but its more likley the needle and or the emulsion tube could be warn and the fuel droplet size is wrong or theres to much fuel, or it could also be a blocked air filter or maybe the rings my bet would be the stator breaking down with heat west country will put more windings on for you