Mull 2 Day Trial

Hi, would just like to let everyone know about the mull 2 day trial, The trial is on the Isle of Mull on the west coast of scotland and takes place on Ben Mor. The sections are all quite easy so it is a great trial for all abilitys. I am Helping set up and will be observing at the trial and we thought it would be a good idea to let people know about this great trial, and if people that have done this event before could offer some feed back it would be most appreciated. So lets hope we can get a full entry this year. Cheers.

The club that is running the trial is The Lanarkshire Motorcycle Club.

Hi

Me and Scrumpy did the first Mull 2 day on SWM 320TL / Fantic 240 and can definitely confirm that it was a brilliant trial on the most welcoming and spectacular island!!! The first thing we clapped eyes on as we left the ferry towards our guest house was a Golden Eagle!! wow!!! Just on par with the view from atop Ben Mor....

Sadly cant make it this year as its my 1st wedding anniversary on 07/07!! doh!!!!

regards jumbostu

(hope the dates add up for me next year.....)

cant get there this time but Mull is a fantastic spot drove in the rally in the 80's the people were really great the night life was fun and it was cheap only downside is its a long way

but what a fantastic venue for any motorsport

I went to mull with the "Carlisle Possie" last year for the firs time and had a great weekend. The sections were for me "Good Clubman" routes.

The only pity was that the lap was reduced due to the weather - hopefully this year it wont be so low cloud.

We stopped in tobemory and had a belter......Rumour is, if Rappers is there this year its his round!!.

The whole team is back this year with our "New Trials Coach" - "Smokin Tim" so watch out.

"Steady Lejune" is going for the Twin Shock Pot again on his "Works Honda" and Jasper is going to try not to catch the Black Death on the last day.

Spiderman has been on a diet and Spot isn't going to fall of practising in the Bed and Breakfast Car Park.

Bing Bong can't make it as "Team Swaledale" is Lambing and that he's done his 2 Day Scottish Trial this year already.

Who's proposing this year ?

See you all there!

"Team Carlisle"

Edited by Wobbler

• 4 weeks later...

Well thats us just back from roughly flagging the lap with our home made flag carriers (4" pipe about 1.5m long bolted to dive bottle back packs strapped to your back) and we have also found some nice new sections for this year which needed alot of wire brushing, bracken cutting, and letting stevie loose with the power saw (poor trees) but think it was worth it as they are good sections. Looking forward to observing "Team Carlisle" on Sunday morning after a big night in the Mishnish!!!! :o

Well thats us just back from roughly flagging the lap with our home made flag carriers (4" pipe about 1.5m long bolted to dive bottle back packs strapped to your back) and we have also found some nice new sections for this year which needed alot of wire brushing, bracken cutting, and letting stevie loose with the power saw (poor trees) but think it was worth it as they are good sections. Looking forward to observing "Team Carlisle" on Sunday morning after a big night in the Mishnish!!!! <_<

"Team Carlisle" getting bigger by the minute - with Bing Bong making his second pilgrimage into Scotland this year.

I would appreciate it if none of the first sections on Sunday have "Deep water pools" near, as riding round wet through all day is a real pain !!

Looking forward to a few quiet pre trial beers in Tobemory with Edy McCredie and friends on the friday night.

See you all there!!

Team Carlisle

Edited by Wobbler

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick word to thank the organisers again for a geat weekend.

For me the course was just right.

Is there a web site for the photographs?

A few notes on the weekend from "Team Carlisle"

"Do Gaerne or Alpine Stars make a boot for a webbed foot" and are those one piece suits ok for "Scuba Diving".

Nice to see a Scorpa last 2 days in Scotland......

Thanks Daniel for buying your "Minders a Beer" Not!!!

See you all next year.

Team Carlisle

Aye Ballamory Beta, A couple of the boys got up OK - But One Namless Demonstration Rider Came Back Down Quicker Than He Went Up - he got an award though......And a spare foot peg !!

Thanks again ....We'll be back next year....