Anyone Fancy A Free Practice Session Next Week?

scorpa3

Cracking day today :thumbup: not as many up there as i thought there might of been but good to see some new faces and the regulars out that way. Ian stuck it out all day and enjoyed himself no end (Likes his Gasser Spud), me Ian the Legend and Mike left at about 6.45 and had some great sections going in the afternoon. Dan was well on form again :rotfl: and wearing the retro look clothing as usual :thumbup: think Ian got abit of video of him on a nasty step.

Ralph had a bad start, got a puncture whilst loading his bike this morning so had to sort it out before he came, then locked his keys in the van abit later :wall:

Big thanks to Pete for the day out there and stumping up for the teas and cakes at lunch ;)

Damn Hot matey :o but was a good laugh. I got video footage and will sort it out in a bit and try and do something special for the Legend ;)

Echo your sentiments to Pete. Thanks Pete for the day amd the Tea & Cake and also for the directions ;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the help, especially Just, Ian, Mike, Ralph, Liam and John. The ground is now perfect to set out the trial in two weeks time. Justin had done the business with the strimmer before I got there at 8.30 this morning!

The lads then proceeded to flatten the rest down and then moved onto the steep wooded part of the venue where they found some excellent new lines for me to include in future sections.

Cheers lads, that was a good day out.

Pete Barnett

Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

O, forgot to mention. Justin let me have a go on his new Cabestany 290. That is a lovely machine. Everything about it gives the look and feel of quality. Strong low down torque with smooth mid range and frightening top end (for me anyway). Very nice bit of kit.

I also got to have a go on Mikes new Sherco 4T. The bike is completely different to the 05 I had. I didn't recognise it at all. It may have been how Mikes got it set up but the clutch was pretty easy on the finger to operate but it bit pretty quick. It was hard to get it into a position to hold on the clutch. It feels like they have upped the compression as a little twist on the throttle and it jumps away from you. They have a Keihin instead of the Dellorto VHST fitted as standard but I fitted a Keihin on mine and it still didn't ride like this.

The good news is it didn't seem to have any starting problems. I didn't need to use the hot start at all (and it was very hot here yesterday). It popped a couple of times but started ok after

The summary is it is now very much a handful to ride for a novice like me. Such a shame as the engine in the 05 was spot on before :thumbup:

O, forgot to mention. Justin let me have a go on his new Cabestany 290. That is a lovely machine. Everything about it gives the look and feel of quality. Strong low down torque with smooth mid range and frightening top end (for me anyway). Very nice bit of kit.

I also got to have a go on Mikes new Sherco 4T. The bike is completely different to the 05 I had. I didn't recognise it at all. It may have been how Mikes got it set up but the clutch was pretty easy on the finger to operate but it bit pretty quick. It was hard to get it into a position to hold on the clutch. It feels like they have upped the compression as a little twist on the throttle and it jumps away from you. They have a Keihin instead of the Dellorto VHST fitted as standard but I fitted a Keihin on mine and it still didn't ride like this.

The good news is it didn't seem to have any starting problems. I didn't need to use the hot start at all (and it was very hot here yesterday). It popped a couple of times but started ok after

The summary is it is now very much a handful to ride for a novice like me. Such a shame as the engine in the 05 was spot on before :thumbup:

John Cowley let me have a go on his Rev4 after last weeks trial and I was able to ride it in the sections that we'd just done.

The Rev4 feels as if it would be perfect for a novice or clubman rider. I was impressed how soft and forgiving it was, which sounds the opposite from the new Sherco from what you say Ian.

John Cowley let me have a go on his Rev4 after last weeks trial and I was able to ride it in the sections that we'd just done.

The Rev4 feels as if it would be perfect for a novice or clubman rider. I was impressed how soft and forgiving it was, which sounds the opposite from the new Sherco from what you say Ian.

I haven't been on one of them yet Pete although I watched one close up at the British Champs a few weeks ago and it certainly went ok and it did look pretty smooth. Although having said that, I have been on a few Beta's in the past and I just don't like the geometry of its set up, plus the rear suspension just doesn't feel right (to me that is). Better put the Beta 4T engine in a GasGas frame and job done !

I haven't been on one of them yet Pete although I watched one close up at the British Champs a few weeks ago and it certainly went ok and it did look pretty smooth. Athough having said that, I have been on a few Beta's in the past and I just don't like the geometry of its set up, plus the rear suspension just doesn't feel right (to me that is). Better put the Beta 4T engine in a GasGas frame and job done !

How about a TXT80 with a Rev4 engine? :thumbup:

I haven't been on one of them yet Pete although I watched one close up at the British Champs a few weeks ago and it certainly went ok and it did look pretty smooth. Athough having said that, I have been on a few Beta's in the past and I just don't like the geometry of its set up, plus the rear suspension just doesn't feel right (to me that is). Better put the Beta 4T engine in a GasGas frame and job done !

Sounds about right for you Pete ;)

The summary is it is now very much a handful to ride for a novice like me. Such a shame as the engine in the 05 was spot on before ;)

Sounds about right for you Pete :rotfl:

I'd still need a slow action throttle! :thumbup:

Sounds about right for you Pete ;)

I'd still need a slow action throttle! :thumbup:

Think of all that hoping and skipping you'de be able to do though!

Edited by Liam87

Nice one Ian :thumbup: wheels his bike out once every 6 months, hoofs the broom over it and fills it with petrol out the lawn mower and tonks us all every time :thumbup: god help us if he ever gets a new one. Next time I will get him to do some of his hopping back down a big hill feet up and sideways hops show, got to be seen to be beleived ;) I think young Barry saw him doing it at the dishes

Edited by The Addict

Thanks lads, very entertaining!

The bird just said she now feels under pressure to buy me a new machine :thumbup: so if anyone wants to start the bidding on that well loved bike................

I had a good day on Saturday. Might have to venture your way more often.

(Did anyone notice that my boots don't match?)

Thanks lads, very entertaining!

The bird just said she now feels under pressure to buy me a new machine :thumbup: so if anyone wants to start the bidding on that well loved bike................

I had a good day on Saturday. Might have to venture your way more often.

(Did anyone notice that my boots don't match?)

Yeah, I noticed that the right one had the sole coming away then all off a sudden it was repaired :thumbup: . Looked dead funny, but matched your retro 80's look ;)

Nice one Ian :thumbup: wheels his bike out once every 6 months, hoofs the broom over it and fills it with petrol out the lawn mower and tonks us all every time :thumbup: god help us if he ever gets a new one. Next time I will get him to do some of his hopping back down a big hill feet up and sideways hops show, got to be seen to be beleived ;) I think young Barry saw him doing it at the dishes

Yep I saw that :rotfl: it certainley wasn't natural to have that amount of balance! must of gone backwards about 20 foot hopping all over the place!

Nice one Ian :thumbup: wheels his bike out once every 6 months, hoofs the broom over it and fills it with petrol out the lawn mower and tonks us all every time ;) god help us if he ever gets a new one. Next time I will get him to do some of his hopping back down a big hill feet up and sideways hops show, got to be seen to be beleived :rotfl: I think young Barry saw him doing it at the dishes

Very nice gate at the bottom of that section. Best piece of fence on the whole farm! :thumbup: