Rev 3 2001 No Spark

billboat10

hi all was out today bike running good some times a bit hard to start but when running was ok then i cut it out to take a break and it wouldent start there is no spark at all plug changed kill dissconected any idea checked the wires all seem ok many thanks

same thing happened to my lads rev3 2003 last week seems a common fault on most betas it was the stator i will be sending my lads stator to steve at http://www.uk-motoplat.com/home.html who if you do a search on here seems to be the best at this stator rewind business anyway thats what was wrong with my lads maybe yours is somethig else do a search in the beta forum it is well covered as i say its a common fault :((

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem on my 2001. It was first hard to start then it just died.........turned out to be the black box tucked up under the tank. Apparently this is a common problem with that model year. The replacement boxes are "supposed" to be improved.

I had the exact same problem on my 2001. It was first hard to start then it just died.........turned out to be the black box tucked up under the tank. Apparently this is a common problem with that model year. The replacement boxes are "supposed" to be improved.

were did you get your box from and how much was it if you dont mind me asking as i dont want to have the stator done and find out its some thing else

cheers

were did you get your box from and how much was it if you dont mind me asking as i dont want to have the stator done and find out its some thing else

cheers

I got the box from BETA USA it was about $200 as I recall. Montman has a good idea though; if you know some one with a similar bike borrow theirs. It is, however, a son-of-a-bitch getting the box out and back in again as I recall.