Twinshock Mx At Washougal 2007

jaylael

Great stories JayLael and John B.

I also thought trials would be a piece of cake coming from a moto-X and especially enduro background but i think sometimes it is more of a hindrance.Got to remember to stick the knee's out, not try and grab the bike with them.

Tomorrow I will be making my pilgimage to Washougal national mx, and seek the autograph of "The Man". I intend to have him sign my gas tank, for the RM 400. (gulp)

post-27-1185646605_thumb.jpg

Edited by JayLael

Well I braved the crowds and carried my gas tank around for a couple of hours, only to find out the Roger never made the trip this year. The race was a dramatic upset in that James Stewart didn't win the second moto. Kevin Windham got the holeshot and led for awhile to overtaken by Grant Langston. Bubba worked his way up to 3rd and was apparently taken out by a lapped rider, to dnf the second moto. Due to the averages of the two heats the overall was given to Tim Ferry. And in the lites class it was Ben Townly who bested Ryan Villapoto and a field of intensely hungry riders. Very good race.

Yes, if my plans come together I will be racing the Hodaka Combat Wombat 125.

My 1975 250 Bultaco Pursang is going to be ridden by 16 year old Gary Pomeroy. (yes that Pomeroy family) This will be his first AHRMA race. He is Ron's boy, but he looks alot like a young Jim Pomeroy, without the mustache and sideburns. I look for great things from him once he gets used to the feel of a vintage MX-er. He has a 1998 YZ 250 or some such as his own dirt bike. Ron and myself will be babysitting him like he were a factory superstar. Once the press find out about this he may even get his picture put up somewhere, like say Bultaco's yahoo group. :rolleyes: Sheer fame and fortune awaits I tell ya'.

Edited by JayLael

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to Ron Pomeroy the other day and he told me Gary raced 250 sportsman expert (in his first race) at Mid Ohio and placed 12th on a Bultaco! This weekend's race at Chehalis will be Gary's second race. Can't hardly wait. I will post photos of Gary on the Bul as news develops.