Trials World Fund Donations

fillb

Hello, I just wanted to make everyone aware that Trials World Fund has set up a donation module for riders traveling to Europe to help with their expenses when they travel to Italy, Poland and the Czech Republic in July. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.

Trials World Fund Donation Link

Thank You!

Edited by FiLLB

I get the feeling that the US trials community has something we are sorely missing over here!

I could imagine what would happen if a youth rider fund raiser was done as a general nationwide campaign in the UK... comments like " I aint funding their holidays in spain" and " If they can run round in a big camper van then they can pay their own bills" etc etc would be rife.

The US want a champ. They see that Pat could be that champ and they are supporting the cause with no question. I for one admire them for that.

It does cost quite a bit to make a three week trek to Europe! The exchange rates are not favorable either!

As much as I would like to think that the support is mounting, there is still overall only a small community of riders and others here that may choose to participate.

I encourage all those "fence sitters" to do something, no matter how small!

Someone said that RYP was offering a FREE video with a $100 donation, but you have to call!

www.rypusa.com for the info or 800-607-8742 is the number.

Cheers,

MC

• 3 months later...

Patrick, Travis and I would like to throw a huge shout-out thanks to the Northern Illinois Trials Riders Organization (NITRO) for hosting a great event yesterday. The overwhelming financial support Patrick receives from clubs like NITRO shows our USA trials community has a big heart. We enjoyed ourselves to the fullest extent - and hope everyone enjoyed the show Patrick put on after the event.

Thank you NITRO!

Edited by City Trials

• 2 months later...

At the risk of pi**ing off some people I don't think the long term answer is fellow riders giving money! We need to make our efforts go towards bringing new riders and sponsers to the sport. Just think of the impact if every rider brought 2 new people into the sport, in 2 to 5 years the money would come. What if every club did a demo or had a booth set up at local mx events. If we followed the formula that freestyle took we could be expanding our sport. How about FREE dvd's handed out at these events, just some ideas if you agree or disagree let's grow the sport!

I get the feeling that the US trials community has something we are sorely missing over here!

I could imagine what would happen if a youth rider fund raiser was done as a general nationwide campaign in the UK... comments like " I aint funding their holidays in spain" and " If they can run round in a big camper van then they can pay their own bills" etc etc would be rife.

The US want a champ. They see that Pat could be that champ and they are supporting the cause with no question. I for one admire them for that.

The simple reality is why should other people fund someone else's dream? If people want to by way of sponsorship great if they want to contribute to an indivdual, great but a nationwide campaign isn't the way forward and probably for the reasons. However I believe the ACU should be doing a lot more to support the up and coming, as well as established riders in much the same way as the Spanish and Italian Federations do. You just have to see their trucks in the paddock.

I do hope that the fund is successful for the American riders, I've seen Smage ride and that boy certainly has talent.

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow trials enthusiasts . Now that Pat has officially signed back on with the fantastic Sherco team I believe RYP has renewed the push for funding .This year to have real shot at 125 title all events will be ridden so several fold in $$$ is going to be spent largely on travel as Sherco is supplying the bike and parts and the movement of motorcycle to all events. I will be trying to update our <smageshercosales.com> website to better allow people to follow the season,posting pics and press releases of current interest so look it up soon. Noel Smage