Shiro Helmet!

mcman56

I just got a Shiro helmet and the ventilation system really works. It is the coolest helmet I have worn. The lining also has a cool wicking feeling. The fit is similar to a Bieffe but I needed one size larger. It is a nice helmet but.........look what it says on the box.

box002.jpg

Totally agree with you. Helmet choices a little limited in NZ ... ordered on from the US, here within 4 days, is very comfortable, cool, looks good and cheaper than any helmets with removable lining available here. Very impressed.

Andrew

• 7 months later...

I just got a Shiro helmet and the ventilation system really works. It is the coolest helmet I have worn. The lining also has a cool wicking feeling. The fit is similar to a Bieffe but I needed one size larger. It is a nice helmet but.........look what it says on the box.

So how would you characterize the fit? Let me explain: I cannot wear a Shoei helmet because of the 'round' shell shape they use. The helmets that fit me best are the Arai 'long oval' shell shape. I have a Bieffe trials helmet that fits OK, but it just barely fits without causing pain.

If the Shiro leans toward the Arai fit, I'd go there because they would be a lot less expensive than an Arai.

Edited by ridenm

I try to support my dealer but I'm not gonna make them order in something until I have some clue that the item will fit. That's the value of message boards like this. Your mileage may vary (or your kilometrage?), and the message board just gives you a head start.

Bought a Shiro this last summer , was a bit tight on the forehead . Took a ballpean and relieved it ( very gently mind you ) and have been very pleased with it so far .

Remember I said 'Gently ' . :thumbup:

Bought a Shiro this last summer , was a bit tight on the forehead . Took a ballpean and relieved it ( very gently mind you ) and have been very pleased with it so far .

Remember I said 'Gently ' . :)

So did the ballpean thank you :thumbup:

Remember I said 'Gently ' . :thumbup:

Thanks! That's the kind of feedback that tells me I might not be able to bear wearing one. The old 'third eye' tightness problem, you know.

Chris

So did the ballpean thank you :banana2:

DOH !!.... :banana2:

The Helmet !!!!,.. Not Me'Head !!! :banana2:

It would be nice to walk in and have your way of all size/models , Oh yeah ( $$$$ ) . Hard to do regardless of Dealer/internet .

try on in your local dealer for size,then if he cant compete with the online price,then buy online!i know dealers have more overheads etc,but im sure if you talk nicely and mention a few online prices then he wil still want your valuable business and back down and give a few quid off!