Suspension Knock

dougie pumpkin

Apart from the knock have you noticed anything odd about how the bike is riding lately? do the forks seem odd? poor feel or lack of damping? make sure all the engine mount bolts are nice and tight as well as the frame down tubes.

Your bars and triple clamps are tight right? and the forks are level with each other? also check your front mudguard bolts too

Yep, checked and all is fine with those bits ..

Apart from the knock have you noticed anything odd about how the bike is riding lately? do the forks seem odd? poor feel or lack of damping? make sure all the engine mount bolts are nice and tight as well as the frame down tubes.

No i haven't noticed anything odd, the bike seems to feel like it always has done apart from this knock. i have not checked the engine mounting bolts, i will, but very much doubt it is that, it feels to be from the top end, but saying all that, what do i know, nowt , that is !!

Your bars and triple clamps are tight right? and the forks are level with each other? also check your front mudguard bolts too

Yep, checked and all is fine with those bits ..

No i haven't noticed anything odd, the bike seems to feel like it always has done apart from this knock. i have not checked the engine mounting bolts, i will, but very much doubt it is that, it feels to be from the top end, but saying all that, what do i know, nowt , that is !!

Could be that spare set of car keys your lass tie wrapped behind your number board knocking..... couldnt resist it mate :o

• 2 weeks later...
Over my last 2 outings, i have notice a knocking sound from the front suspension, its as if there is some play somewhere but i can not find it. Everything seems tight. It does not do it all the time probably noticed it 10 times in my last trial..Its only a few months old, and i only get out on it every couple of weeks so its not as if it gets hammered. Its not done anything big , i am just a clubman rider.. Any Suggestions what it is ??

I had the same problem with my 07. Turned out to be that the drilled and tapped mounting hole in the center muffler, by your left leg when riding, wasn't deep enough and the exhaust was loose. The sound would transmit right up to the steering head. Drove me nuts, {short drive}. Put a washer under the bolt, problem solved. Good luck.

Over my last 2 outings, i have notice a knocking sound from the front suspension, its as if there is some play somewhere but i can not find it. Everything seems tight. It does not do it all the time probably noticed it 10 times in my last trial..Its only a few months old, and i only get out on it every couple of weeks so its not as if it gets hammered. Its not done anything big , i am just a clubman rider.. Any Suggestions what it is ??

I had the same problem with my 07. Turned out to be that the drilled and tapped mounting hole in the center muffler, by your left leg when riding, wasn't deep enough and the exhaust was loose. The sound would transmit right up to the steering head. Drove me nuts, {short drive}. Put a washer under the bolt, problem solved. Good luck.

Ill give anything a try.. Thanks

did you look at the muffler bracket that i mentioned?

did you look at the muffler bracket that i mentioned?

Yes i did mate.. Solid as a rock . but thanks anyway .

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin