Scottish Championship

Andy

It's pants! First time we will miss Hawkstone! I'm going to turn my phone off on the Saturday nite. Dont want calls telling me how great it is (Andy, Kinell, Bigfoot)!

Edited by DanGleebitz

It's great to see so many rounds in Scotland but with eleven there were bound to be date clashes! :D

Were there? Let's assume there are six months of riding in the year. That's 26 weekends. To organise a Championship event on the same day as the biggest event in the UK Trials calendar, potentially Dougie's last world ride on home soil and the last time we'll see it on the UK mainland for who knows how long is crazy. :thumbup:

Two were cancelled - one due to lack of entries(allegedly) also two clashing with youth British Rounds.

That doesn't alter things one bit.

Actually, my initial six months was over-generous. Riding from March to October is a bit more realistic making 8 months available, not 6. That's 34 weekends out of 52 to hold 11 Trials. I don't believe this could not have been organised to avoid the Hawkstone weekend so those who wanted to go to it could do so.

even if you expand Andy's season to all 52 weekends, plus bank holidays, and a few Wednesday evenings in the summer, there are far too many events on not to clash with something somewhere

the idea that some people put about (or at least one might infer form your post) is that we should clear the decks of events (at least in trials) on the same day as the world round.

However is patently obvious that a) the sport is too big and busy :o other events were more important to avoid (eg other youth series) c) there could be a plethora of local factors (local events, land restrictions, other activities the club is doing, etc) that make it impossible to avoid a clash.

my club tried running a trial pitched at experts and youth A for a few years but we just couldn't avoid clashing with some event somewhere whatever date we picked