Reeth 3 Day

perce

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my copy of the riding list through. Impressed to see that it is now attracting really famous names.

Michael Owen and Michael Jackson are riding to name but two.

Not long now. I had better get out on the bike!

Hi perce, do you think the moors will be wet this year with all this rain.

After the two soakings that I received last Sunday it'd be a big surprise to me if they're dry & dusty :wub: Sections could be fairly rough this time as we simply can't see what's happening as there's 'winter' water running in the becks & it's never dry long enough for the levels to drop.

Edited by PERCE

Just had my copy of the riding list through. Impressed to see that it is now attracting really famous names.

Jacko is no mug on a Trials bike, probably better know for his road racing though where he's won National Championships.

Jacko is no mug on a Trials bike, probably better know for his road racing though where he's won National Championships.

I am sure Jacko is not BAD on a trials bike, and that this years 3 day will be a real THRILLER.

Sorry if my comments seem a little OFF THE WALL. :wub:

Looking forward to it now. In my limited experience a fantastic event with a really good social side. It must be a nightmare setting the sections with the weather that we have had recently. All the work that the club put in is certainly appreciated.

Hopefully we will have some dry weather between now and then.

so how many dual sections this year then perce.. whats that river crossing like we usually do on friday..should i bring my arm bands.

Dunno about Friday & Saturday as each day is done by a different gang, I did have a ride out with the Saturday gang doing the GPS info for the parks & the moors were wet & the becks were rough. Sunday has about half of the 40 as dual & the rest will be single route. Bring yer armbands & wear some new boots to scuff up all the slimeeeee bits.

All three marking out gangs think it'll be a bit tough this year as the wet moors will sap everyones energy, add in the state of the becks which are green & full of water & it all will add up to a tougher than normal weekend. Let's just hope for some nice warm weather to make it a more enjoyable weekend.