Bultaco Sherpa 199b Side Panels & Airbox

duckwizard

Need photo's & help please.

Have purchased a airbox assembly & side panels from Sammy Miller.

The assembly consists of the airbox only !!, no filter access cover available !

The airbox supplied has a large hole at one side for the filter, i assume i will have to make a access cover plate.

Also how do i fit the narrow pin side panels supplied.

The airbox has no holes or grommets etc.

Can anyone help with photo's of the genuine airbox & filter access panel c/w nut etc.

This would help me figure out.

In hindsight should have waited and bought a good secondhand one !!!!!!!

The airboxes come as a bare item, nothing else, the idea is that the original grommets etc are used from the old airbox. If you don't have the original box though, getting the filter cover plate may be a problem. They aren't available as a new item as far as I know.

They are made from rubber and fit in the same way as a rubber grommet does - which is in effect what it is, a very large grommet. No nuts and bolts involved. Try Bultaco UK or John Collins for a secondhand one or maybe they can be sourced in Spain now, otherwise you'll have to make something.

The sidepanel pins locate in rubber grommets which fit in holes in the airbox. You just drill them out to fit the grommets. These can be bought as new items and I'd recommend buying them before doing any drilling to be sure of the hole size.

There are also 3 rubber 'funnel shaped' grommets which fit into the three holes in the top of the airbox, not sure what they are for other than to maybe direct air into the box from a direction that water can't be drawn in. Don't know if these are available or not but not sure they are really necessary anyway.

Chances of finding a good second hand box are probably zero as they break up for whatever reason - hence the replacements

Thanks for the help guys.

I will try and source grommets for airbox,

Any pictures of the airbox inlet grommets / side panel grommet would be helpfull.

i assume the filter is the sammy miller type with the hose to the carb?.

Thanks for the help guys.

I will try and source grommets for airbox,

Any pictures of the airbox inlet grommets / side panel grommet would be helpfull.

i assume the filter is the sammy miller type with the hose to the carb?.

I just checked the original airbox from my M198 and it looks different to what you have described for the M199B (ie side covers mount to frame, no three funnel shaped rubber things in the top) so didn't take photos.