Tyre Pressures And Bike Maintanence

sherco290murph

hi

just in trials riding and if possible would like some info on tyre pressures for various terrains and conditions ie rocky, muddy dry etc thanks

also i have an sherco 290 01 so would love to hear from anyone with some maintanence tips they could share anything will be appreciated from cleaning air filters to bleeding blakes absolutely any info greatly appreciated and especially keys areas to look out for thanks very much and look forward to hearing from some experianced riders

On my Scopra I run 5psi front 4psi rear unless it is a very hard event, then I go up another one.

I clean my air filter with hot soapy water (never petrol) every 2nd trial unless it is very dry and dusty then I clean it every time. I use filter oil lightly rubbed in with a pair of rubber gloves, just enough to make it tacky.

Gearbox oil every six or so events, again; this is more often when I do road trials.

One other thing on a Gas Gas or Sherco ( speak from painful experience,) is to keep the rear suspension linkage well greased. If it starts to squeak it's virtually too late. Do it before it grinds apart.

There will be lots of other good advice, but this is a start. I hope it helps.

There is a ton of useful info at http://www.shercousa.com/ under the Service Info tab. You should review it all, very helpful.

As far as tire pressures, much depends upon your weight as well. 4 and 5 is a good start, with a bit more for rocky areas and a bit more if you are over 200 lbs, bit less for the mud! Go figure!

Being fairly light at about 80 kilos, I can start out on a cool morning at 3 and 3.5. After riding a bit and the day warms, I am at 4 and 4.5 on average! That is how it changes! But more aggressive riders will bash some rims if not careful. Of course they will do it reguardless! <_<

Edited by copemech