Point In The Raga Rep...

gasserrobinson

Personally i see no piont in them as its just GasGas's way of clearing the old 07's before the 08's come out.

all you do is get a normal 07 the trick it up and tune it and its just as good and less expensive.

The only thing thats different on the RAGA to the TXT is the exhaust position, different carb setting (both of which you can do on an 07 TXT) and the shock absorber is different. apart from that the other suff does not make a differnce. stickers etc painted swinging arm etc.

What do other people think??

just for the record, the swingarm and crankcases etc are not just simply painted, they are magnesium, much lighter than the std. alloy products. also many people like them for the fact that they have a special ltd. edition bike. i think its a great idea that they do this.

i can see the point but like i said GasGas are just doing it do get rid of their old stock

possibly yes but it is much more than just stickers as stated above. Alot of people bling their gassers up, (Subira?) and this is a good way of doing it.

If you want to single out gassesrs for this then take a look at the repsol, how little the other makes change from year on year aswell, its not a one manufacturer thing.

i just got my Raga Replica 2007,

and i have to say that it's so light compare to my old sherco!

and bike geo and quality is better also.

instantly my level of riding became much higher!

GAS GAS i love u !!!

Edited by kot

the price of the raga rep is excellent, nothing to do with clearing stock! as they are limited anyway, think the guy who posted this sould of maybe just read the spec sheet as the raga rep has,

magnesium swing arm,

magnesium crank case,

kieln carb,

magnesuim front pipe,

and many other 'trick' bits,

so if anything its cheap for what you get.

I currently ride a Sherco but had the pleasure just this weekend of riding a Raga Rep and a Pro 300. The Raga was totally different. It was lighter and the power was smoother and felt like it was on rails. It was(the Raga) the only bike other than my own that I could jump on and ride and feel good on right away. My only complaint was the clutch was a bit tougher to pull, but something I am sure I could get used to.

I wasnt a Gas Gas fan before but I a now...at least the Raga edition.

Since we are on this subject....I was told by a dealer that if Raga did not win the World outdoor championship this year the Raga rep will not come out next year. Is that true?

Every car manufacturer does the same thing and there is a huge market for it. Alloy wheels, rev counter, leather seats and it's a sport model worth thousands more.

For those customers who want to save some money theres always a base model with steel wheels, no glove box lid or CD player. It still does the job but image counts for a lot.

Well done to the trials bike manufacturers for doing the same thing... remember, no one forces people to buy the flashy version. They do because they want one.

The adjustable ignition switch first appeared on the Raga the following year it was on the TXT. The large diameter forks were first fitted to the Raga and then to the TXT. The light weight of the Raga is matched 2 years after by TXT. The way i see this is look at last years Raga and you'll be getting some of the goodies on the TXT to following year .

just for the record, the swingarm and crankcases etc are not just simply painted, they are magnesium, much lighter than the std. alloy products. also many people like them for the fact that they have a special ltd. edition bike. i think its a great idea that they do this.

Not to mention the titanium header....