4rt Replacement Sump Guard

jimmyl

I need to invest in a new sump guard for 4rt having snapped!!!!! mine trying to get it back on.

Anybody got any recomendations ?

I like the idea of the slightly longer ones which are supposed to protect linkage a little and also will probably go up to a 5mm thick one.

Price, fit and function over blingability are my preferences.

Any help appreciated

5mm didn't cut it for me, it has to be the 6mm Mitani one, have a look on the web, most dealers can get them in. It has the extra lenth at the back to protect the linkages and a nice blingie red mitani sticker on the side. About

5mm didn't cut it for me, it has to be the 6mm Mitani one, have a look on the web, most dealers can get them in. It has the extra lenth at the back to protect the linkages and a nice blingie red mitani sticker on the side. About

futre trial racing ,5mm silver, bolt straight on . ask perce ! hes had one for both his bikes

That's right, I've had one fitted to both my bikes & they're spot on with extra length to protect the linkage. I had the first one off quite a lot of times & it fit back on every time without problem. One on the new bike hasn't been off yet, it's got a rather unique paint job courtesy of Msport.

Only problem I've found is wearing away the rear countersunk bolts making them difficult to extract, I'd get this with any bash plate, I now replace them after every oil filter change.

Worth asking Cota Kid i know that he got a heavy duty one that was longer and wider and they came in all sorts of colours as well as plain, i believe he got it online.

The one I got is much improved from the stock one, 6mm thick, longer at the back and wider, where it needs to be, following the contours of the engine. I got mine from Evil Bay and I've noticed you can be a real tart and get an anodised one. Me being a traditionalist stuck with a standard finish. Although black would have looked cool.

futre trial racing ,5mm silver, bolt straight on . ask perce ! hes had one for both his bikes

Only problem I've found is wearing away the rear countersunk bolts making them difficult to extract, I'd get this with any bash plate, I now replace them after every oil filter change.

Titanium countersunks are the answer young man :wub:!! Who said bling don't pay - they might be ten times the price but then they last !

• 6 years later...

Does anybody know where I can get the type of water pump and LH case protecting wrap around bar; the type that fixes to the front 2 sumpguard bolts and bends around to form "ears" over those parts of the engine?

Gracias

• 4 weeks later...