Dating Your Yamaha.

mollygreen

I am hoping to road register my TY250 T/S with an authentic number from the year of manufacture, but didn't know what year the bike was made.

One call to Yamaha Customer Services on 01932 358000 to give them the frame number and there you go, 1978.

Excellent, especially as they are also going to provide me with a dating letter to accompany my application to the DVLA as well.

Well done Yamaha.

Edited by mollygreen

Fair play, I dated a couple of Yamahas the same way years ago. Good to see they are still on the ball. So many others want to take money from you nowadays for the simplest of services. :wub: Well done Yamaha.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 years later...

An update on dating your Yamaha (currently looking to do this for a TY250 twinshock). You can still call customer services at Yamaha Motor UK, but they will ask you to send an email to cust.service@yamaha-motor.co.uk and include the frame and engine number, make of bike, along with your address and contact details.

They will then contact you to arrange card payment for

An update on dating your Yamaha (currently looking to do this for a TY250 twinshock). You can still call customer services at Yamaha Motor UK, but they will ask you to send an email to cust.service@yamaha-motor.co.uk and include the frame and engine number, make of bike, along with your address and contact details.

They will then contact you to arrange card payment for

I had mine dated last year by Yamaha UK and it was free, they sent a letter out as proof. But on the letter it states that the bike is not approved for road use. I'm still rebuilding it at the momment so not got round to road registering it. Not sure if the 'Not approved for road use' will effect registration.