Help Promote Trials

I sent a press release into Patrick's hometown newspaper called the Elkhorn Independent. The editor seemed mildly interested in this good news story. I was hoping those in the trials community both national and worldwide could give a letter to the editor shout-out for Patrick and how proud they should be for his accomplishments. Please title the subject 'Patrick Smage Shocks World' and let them know where you live. That oughta shake up this sleep town.

elkinde@elkhornindependent.com

Edited by City Trials

I sent a press release into Patrick's hometown newspaper called the Elkhorn Independent. The editor seemed mildly interested in this good news story. I was hoping those in the trials community both national and worldwide could give a letter to the editor shout-out for Patrick and how proud they should be for his accomplishments. Please title the subject 'Patrick Smage Shocks World' and let them know where you live. That oughta shake up this sleep town.

elkinde@elkhornindependent.com

did you mention he'd headlined on the numero uno English speaking Trials site? :wub:

Ha, you're going to break that arm of your's patting that back like that. He also made the numero uno spanish speaking trials website also. So, you doing a little touring next week. Care to pick me up in Prague on Wednesday? The way Patrick's report reads, Noel's having a hell of a time navigating.

Edited by City Trials

Done-

I understand that your publication holds little interest in that of young Pat Smage winning the youth class at a recent motorcycle World Trials Championship. Though I can see that you may have little interest I must tell you that this news is simply amazing. Not in over 20 years has an American even come close to winning an event of this caliber. In fact this is such an accomplishment this subject is on the forefront of newspapers and online newsgroups from around the world with much discussion.

In this present day, this country, your readers, need a little pick me up. With our situation in Iraq morale is down while the death toll of our soldiers is up. Be a patriot and publish something upbeat and positive in your publication.

Thank you for your time.

Iraq? I was thinking more in the line of the mayor giving the kid the key to the city or something like that.

I am not sure what you mean...my reference was toward the "morale" due to hearing about sad stories daily. At least thats all that gets published in my papers. You get kinda sick of it ya know.

Anyways its already working. The editor emailed me back within 10 minutes with this line in particular.

"Actually I am crafting a story right now, what would make you think our paper has "little interest"?"

Well, it worked. Sorry. I just got a e-mail from the editor. Andy, any chance I could get those photos in hi-res?

Tried to send them Hi-Res and Outlook barfed. Let's see if Editorboy responds to my email offering free pics :wub:

He's a she Andy. Maureen Mayrand her name. I've now gotten a call and a couple of e-mails with the age old question. What trials is, and how does it work? She hasn't asked where the seat is just yet. I'm sure that questions coming.

Jeez motofire, don't try for a career in diplomacy. As a diplomat you would be like Tony Blair as a peace envoy to the middle east :wub:

Don't get me started on that one... talk about 'jobs-for-the-boys!' :wub:

Im not really getting it. I thought my quick letter was pretty good.

motofire, do you see any difference between the two statements "The editor seemed mildly interested" and "your publication holds little interest"?

If not, then yeah, you really aren't getting it.

Thanks for writing the letter though, it probably lit a fire under her and she now knows that this is bigger than just little Elkhorn, WI.

Great job getting this into that paper Craig. Next we need to get this into the Milwaukee Journal or one of the big Chicago papers. :wub: But they'll probably want to interview Patrick himself, so it might need to wait until he gets back from Europe.

Edited by DanSalton

For the record, Maureen at the Elkhorn Independent is going to feature Patrick on the COVER of next weeks issue. That oughta make Grandma and Grandpa real proud. And score a few points with all those teachers that he keeps missing classes on - due to his addictive trials habit that kid has. Thanks everyone.

Edited by City Trials