Mid-ohio

alan_nc

Group,

Can we start talking about Mid-Ohio yet? I took a rock through a side case at Marion but have fixed that and am back riding. 95 degrees plus here in NC so I'm getting some heat conditioning while I'm at it.

I came back from Marion and changed all the sections in the woods around my house. Made them tighter and put more challenges into each one. Sections there had 8 to 10 different things you had to do where Ocala and Devils Ridge had maybe 3 to 5.

Marion had been laid out by Bob Ginder (I think) - anyone have any idea who is laying out Mid-Ohio. You might want to note that there is a discount for registering on-line prior to showing up (for the Mid-Ohio complex). I think you also have to pre-register with AHRMA for the Trials.

Alan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group,

Can we start talking about Mid-Ohio yet? I took a rock through a side case at Marion but have fixed that and am back riding. 95 degrees plus here in NC so I'm getting some heat conditioning while I'm at it.

I came back from Marion and changed all the sections in the woods around my house. Made them tighter and put more challenges into each one. Sections there had 8 to 10 different things you had to do where Ocala and Devils Ridge had maybe 3 to 5.

Marion had been laid out by Bob Ginder (I think) - anyone have any idea who is laying out Mid-Ohio. You might want to note that there is a discount for registering on-line prior to showing up (for the Mid-Ohio complex). I think you also have to pre-register with AHRMA for the Trials.

Alan

When I rode Mid-Ohio, a couple of years back, Bob Ginder (and crew) laid it out as well.

If Bob did lay out the sections ... he always makes them class apropiate and does a wonderfull job (imho)...

Very rarely will anybody clean them all ! always out to make us better riders !!!!

Glenn

Thanks for the reminder Alan...

When looking at the entry form this morning I saw that it was due on this past saturday. I am going to send it and hope for the best.

The ole greeves ran great at broome tioga even with a loose cylinder head.

--Biff

I plan on being there Thurs. to help clear the debris . Last year the back sections were blocked by fallen trees . It really is the best part and yes , Bob is a Master of Sectional Deviation ! :wub:

Group,

Like you Scott, I plan on being at Mid-Ohio sometime before noon on Thursday. Plan to camp at the edge of the woods by the Trials area.

Side note: I wasn't complaining about the sections at Marion. I was just noting that I needed to work harder and get some more practice in if I'm going to ride sections like that.

Section One at Marion had stakes around two trees (one a left hander, one a right). I look at it, walked it, and said yea..... I can do that . Well I was wrong. 5'd it one time because I stalled, 3'd it the other times as I just couldn't make it through the tight turn. Several guys did clear it and I really think I could now that I have set up the same thing at home and practiced it 20 or 30 times. It really is surprising what you can do once you have tried it a couple of times.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Struggling to find time for the Cub , but will carry on .... B)

I'll be sure to look ya' up Alan , I think we'll be Trackside ( by the showers ... :lol: )

Just a whisper...the Guru won't be in charge of set-up . Then who ?!!!!??

Hummmmm...... Guess those of us that show up may have to do it ourselves - either that or 80 pre-registered folks are going to be pretty mad.

I really do wish AHRMA would get it's act together. I have had a great time riding this year but it has been a bit dis-organized. Would be nice if we had just one person in charge of Trials.

See everyone in about a week.

Alan

Scott:

Just wanted to let you know that you did a great job as "unofficial trialsmaster" at Mid-Ohio this past weekend. It's too bad that AHRMA doesn't realize or recognize the work that went into putting this trials on in such a short amount of time and under adverse conditions. I personally enjoyed working with you and think we did a credible job considering the circumstances. Sorry I didn't get to see you after the trials were done. It was a long walk back from section 5. Just ask Randy.

Cheers

Dean

Dean,

Totally agree. The course was set up great. Weather made it a real challenge, but I think we all had a good time. If there was ever any doubt I proved once and for all that I'm not a mud rider.

My next AHRMA outing will be Dickson.

I sure wish we could get the ear of someone at AHRMA. We seem to be the red headed step children. We're still waiting on results to be posted from 2 months ago. I sent the Mid-Ohio results in on Sunday so I have no idea why they haven't been posted.

If anyone sees a time/date/station when the film of the event will be shown please post it.

See everyone in a couple of months.

Alan

Dean,

Totally agree. The course was set up great. Weather made it a real challenge, but I think we all had a good time. If there was ever any doubt I proved once and for all that I'm not a mud rider.

My next AHRMA outing will be Dickson.

I sure wish we could get the ear of someone at AHRMA. We seem to be the red headed step children. We're still waiting on results to be posted from 2 months ago. I sent the Mid-Ohio results in on Sunday so I have no idea why they haven't been posted.

If anyone sees a time/date/station when the film of the event will be shown please post it.

See everyone in a couple of months.

Alan

Alan, I sent you a PM about AHRMA.

Scott:

Just wanted to let you know that you did a great job as "unofficial trialsmaster" at Mid-Ohio this past weekend. It's too bad that AHRMA doesn't realize or recognize the work that went into putting this trials on in such a short amount of time and under adverse conditions. I personally enjoyed working with you and think we did a credible job considering the circumstances. Sorry I didn't get to see you after the trials were done. It was a long walk back from section 5. Just ask Randy.

Cheers

Dean

Dean ,

So much a shock to come to an event like this and.... NO ONE IN CHARGE !!!

Thank God you were there as it would not have been possible without your help !

Other thanks to to Mark Maynard and crew for coming to the rescue and I'm sorry to miss anyone ... But Thanks !

It was really nice to work with you and to meet your significant other , Donna :D You are great people and will look forward to seeing you in the future !

P.S. Randy 's no worse for the wear , other than his head itches ! :D