Montesa 314

chunk

Have anyone of you had any thing to do with a 314 montesa, what were they like to ride? any problems with them? how good were they in their day compared to other bikes in their like the yam ty250z, fantic etc?.. Over to you..

• 3 months later...

Have anyone of you had any thing to do with a 314 montesa, what were they like to ride? any problems with them? how good were they in their day compared to other bikes in their like the yam ty250z, fantic etc?.. Over to you..

I ride a 134 in modern trails and a 348 in vintage trails. I like the way the 314 feels, everything is in the right place. The HRC motor is strong with the powerband proper for me. The only issue I have had is finding parts here ( near Niagara Falls). In the local club trials the bike is competitive for me as a senior rider.

Edited by yeogene

• 3 years later...

I ride a 134 in modern trails and a 348 in vintage trails. I like the way the 314 feels, everything is in the right place. The HRC motor is strong with the powerband proper for me. The only issue I have had is finding parts here ( near Niagara Falls). In the local club trials the bike is competitive for me as a senior rider.

hey man could you pm me as i just bought a 314r myself and jus have a few questions , hard to get some info on it but it was that mint i couldnt refuse, still has original tires with the lil nubs still on them hahah

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys jus droppen a nother note didnt want to start a new thread..i wanted to ask you guys what yous running for a spark plug ? is it a br6es or a br8es ? after haven my bike now for a month or so i guess it is , im loving it pretty well got all the bugs worked out and im gettin out for at least and hour each day or every second day..hard to belive how capable even these old montys are eh..i also pulled the bulky headlight off and cleaned the look up a little..i find it makes the bike look much newer and you have a wayyy better view of the front tire ! ne ways guys hope everythings going well with your new bike too man !