Freak Accident Thanks To Those That Helped

stump magnet

I did somthing similar years ago on a fast track, the guy i collided with broke his leg and i ended up with my head between the back wheel and the rear mudguard of an air cooled yam, the yam was still ticking over, probably in top but luckily I was knocked out and dont actually remember it. I still have the scar off the silencer bracket which split my top lip.

Needless to say this brought a premature end to what had been a lucrative modelling career.

take your time stump magnet, you will think your fine then you'll have a minor wobble........

Always amazing how may accidents happen after you already know it is time to load up, and go home. It is during those "I think I will have one more go" rides, that this stuff so often happens. We are too tired to do it correctly, and too wired to stop riding. Learning to listen to that little voice in my head telling me I have had enough, is one of the hardest things to do. Best of luck on your recovery, and hopefully the "muffler marks" will fade away.

Always amazing how may accidents happen after you already know it is time to load up, and go home. It is during those "I think I will have one more go" rides, that this stuff so often happens. We are too tired to do it correctly, and too wired to stop riding. Learning to listen to that little voice in my head telling me I have had enough, is one of the hardest things to do. Best of luck on your recovery, and hopefully the "muffler marks" will fade away.

its funny you should say that DG as ive been caught out before but ive only ever damaged the bike when having one more go, it will be different next time that little voice says "go on once more ya wimp" i can tell it to f**k right off from now on!!

DGShannon Posted Yesterday, 03:31 PM

Always amazing how may accidents happen after you already know it is time to load up, and go home. It is during those "I think I will have one more go" rides, that this stuff so often happens. We are too tired to do it correctly, and too wired to stop riding. Learning to listen to that little voice in my head telling me I have had enough, is one of the hardest things to do. Best of luck on your recovery, and hopefully the "muffler marks" will fade away

Yep, when I messed up my ankle I had just gotten off the cell phone with the missus, decided it was time to head home but thought one more try on those four 55 gal drums that are laying on their sides in a row. Had front tire against first drum and balancing. Give throttle bring front tire up, unload to bring bike onto drum and well half the bike made it and I promptly fell to the right and thought," I will just step down and catch myself" I found out it is a bit farther down than I thought, no riding trials for 6 weeks, I think after 4 I was back on the road bike. I found out from the Doc that tendons can be ripped almost all the way through but not quite and still be called a sprain. That just don't sound right man.

STUMPMAGNET,

Get better soon and don't quit riding. No more crashing would probably be acceptable though. HAHA :rolleyes:

Learning to listen to that little voice in my head telling me I have had enough, is one of the hardest things to do.

its funny you should say that DG as ive been caught out before but ive only ever damaged the bike when having one more go, it will be different next time that little voice says "go on once more ya wimp" i can tell it to f**k right off from now on!!

If I listened to the little voices saying "You've had enough" I don't think I'd ever finish a trial :rolleyes:

Only just seen this.....normally i would laugh but that looks to painful. You should have stayed in to watch big brother instead.

You should leave those (easy :rolleyes: ) cotton reels to the pro's (no names mentioned here but 1 rides a sherco too)

Get well soon

face now realy healing nicely but burn to back of head is nasty as skin (and hair!!!) is coming away got to go in to hospital tomorow to have shonz straitened shame realy as dont hurt any more! cant believe how lucky ive been thanks again to all the kind words from everyone

gettingbetter.jpg

burned.jpg