New Mexico National

city trials

Not a bad day for Shaun! He seems the only one with the scores going the right direction!

Altitude sickness for the rest!

PRO PRO

1 Webb Cody CA SHE PR 7 9 16 32

2 Smage Patrick WI SHE PR 15 6 12 33

3 Ibsen Will GA SCO PR 13 17 24 54

4 Florin Chris FL GAS PR 15 24 19 58

5 Wineland Keith CO MON PR 19 20 24 63

6 le Riche Bruce TN GAS PR 22 17 24 63

7 Haaker Colton CA GAS PR 36 47 53 136

DNS Smage Phil WI SHE PR

Exhibition Exhib

Morris Shaun UK GAS Exh 4 3 1 8

Another great day for Cody and Will <_< Free tuition for the lads! :wacko:

And a brave ride for Colton, although he may be better off playing with Andrew for a bit!

Edited by copemech

Yea John, but I just looked at the points race! Some things have changed! Big time~

Cody may be locked in #2, and Will is ahead of Kieth now for #4!

That means a couple of position changes I think!

Get you a nice 250 Sherco or Scorpa John! And a nice new 125 Sherco for the lad, just like Pat's! :wacko:

Get you a nice 250 Sherco or Scorpa John! And a nice new 125 Sherco for the lad, just like Pat's!

Mark Id better stick with the gasser thats all there is in sw mo. Last big ride at the national forest 22 bikes all gas gas. Last event we went to at kc 31 bikes all gas gas. As far as the 125 issue the ryp juniors are riding full size scorpas and doing quite well. These 2 lads and their dads seem serious and not on 125s imagine that. Ive notice they both seem to do better and better each event.

Edited by hensley

Todays results

smage 5

webb 30

larieche 37

ibsen 37

florin 47

wineland 49

haaker 119

morris exc 3

wow pat didnt have to do anything much today but ended the season the way he started with a comanding win

cody came out #2 and cris #3

Glad to see bruce on the podium again befor going home. Ibsen would get my vote for most improved rider

tucker won the expert class with only 12 pts edging out ray peters. tucker might be a big suprise to some as early as next year

WoW!

Looks like Pat was on the mark today, with sights set on one target! OUCH!(me blinkin backside is bleeding from this kid knawing on it!)

A close miss, but! Good showing!

Another National season over. Going to miss Bruce, one of a select few to ever get the best of Geoff! He does recall that I think!

He and his brother Brent are top notch fellows for sure! Just too darned polite!!(he will probably read this) Keep up the good rides there buddy! And chime in to let us know how you are doing! They do have computers down there, don't they?

You have been a great inspiration to us all, and all that stuff!(tear now) A true PRO!

Ray P. cannot sandbag forever! Them young kids are killers! Bailey Tucker has the stuff for sure. He is about where Pat was a year or so ago. Would be nice to see him progress! I doubt Ray can blame the bike, his teammate Ron smoked his class on the 4T Beta!(with CV carb at altitude)

Edited by copemech

I've tried to do a couple of write-ups and it's just not working for me today. I've got way too much vested interest in the kid. Dan S., could you do a write-up and I'll post it on the home-page?

I will say a big congratulations to Northern Normie (Noel). What a great job you did this year too. You may think there's not a lot to do at times, but believe me, you're as big a part of this championship as Patrick. I nominate you as "Minder of the Year!"

And Patrick, what can I say buddy... You've trained real hard. You've studied this sport well. You've gone from 2003 AMA Youth National Champion to 2007 AMA Pro National Champion. Just four short years. You are the real deal. You've finally made it to the #1 spot in North America. You give hope to every other youth who works the way up our youth national system. I say a job well done.

Edited by City Trials

I'd be happy to come up with something, but I sure would like to include a little bit more about about other riders than Patrick... riders who I don't know and don't hear much about. I've heard nothing about the venue or weather or anything. I've done my usualy Smage-centric writeup on my own blog (wismoto.com0, but if anyone wants to email me, PM me, or post here with how the weekend went, I'd really appreciate it.

And what happened to Chris? He went from 1st and 2nd place to 4th and 5th place finishes? Altitude? Locations not suited to his style, or at least, what he's used to? This is the internet, so opinions are welcome... :wacko:

Dan

dansalton@ameritech.net

"Ray P. cannot sandbag forever!"

I don't think Ray is sandbagging at all. What is he supposed to do? quit the sport? He is an adult and has a job. Is he supposed to risk his life and limb on the Pro obstacles just because people think he is sandbagging? If he went into one of the age bracket classes, he would win that too. He is a great rider that for whatever reason doesn't want to ride the Pro class. I don't blame him. Not that he is too old or capable, but is the reward worth the risk for him? He would be the only one to answer that question and I think he already has by riding the expert class.

I think all the Pro riders stepped it up this year. Will Ibsen really turned the corner and soaked up all the information he could to improve. I saw him punch some risky sections early in the year and concentrate on the basics which moved him up the ladder to fourth place overall. Cody Webb was "all over" Patrick and Chris all year and a couple of bobbles here and there cost him dearly. He will retain this information and apply it next year. Chris Florin is a great rider and great for the sport. His interviews during the "On The Pegs" talk show are very in-depth which lets the listener know what the riders are going through. Maybe the long break and the change in terrain on the West Coast was a factor. Hopefully, this year will motivate him even more to train for next year. Patrick was simply a force. After his dominating performance in the first round, he showed he was human and could be beat. His constant riding and competing in Europe definitely helped. It was good to see a mix of riders on the podium throughout the year. Next year should be a good one.

Anyone have any predictions on who will ride for what manufacturer next year? ...or will everything stay the same.

What line was Shaun Morris riding?

And does anyone have any idea why the 3rd lap scores for many of the pros improved so dramatically on Sunday? Cody went 11-16-3, Bruce went 15-16-6, and Will went 14-16-7. Huh?

Edited by DanSalton

I'm guessing Shaun was riding the pro line. This is a interesting stat looking at the line scores. Up until section ten of the third loop, Pat was matching Shaun section for section. Then something happened and Pat produced what looks like a couple of slack-dabs (1+1) in each of the last two sections.

Edited by City Trials