Rtl 250

desertsilver

Ok guys and gals, I need opinoins and info. I have a chance at getting two RTL 250S for 2000$ one's a 85 and the other is an 86. They both run but need retoring. The only Trials bike (if you can call it that) I've ridden was a Reflex. So what's ya think?

Edited by DesertSilver

Hi Desertsilver,

I presume you are in the US?

The RTL250S was a cutting edge full on competition trials bike made by HRC (Honda Racing Corp). In their day they were almost twice the retail price of comparable bikes from other manufacturers such as Yamaha TY250R etc.

Parts are getting hard to source, in fact many parts are simply unobtainable from Honda sources, although Lewisport in the US dio have some useful items such as piston kits etc.

Many of the normal parts are avaialble as they were shared with other Honda models, you just need to know what you are looking for.

I have about three different parts and maintainance manuals, but many of the parts go from year to year especially the drum brake bikes, with some changes to the later disc brake machines. Some TLM parts are common to the RTL.

Two bikes for $2000 is pretty cheap by anyones standards, I presume they are in fairly rough order then?

Regards,

Big John

Lewisport is who has them avalible. I was acutally thinking about having Adrian Lewis restore one of them. I've seen some pictures of ones he's restored and they look brand new. What class would they be eligable for? From what I've been able to learn, only the 86 was ever imported to the states and then only 15 were ever imported.

Lewis selling 2 RTL's for $2000.... you sure? Not missed a nought there have you!!!!

I E-mailed him asking what he wanted for them and he replied 2000$ for both. I'm not sure if I should buy them seeings how their so rare and parts are hard to find. I plan on competing and I can forsee them getting thrashed.