Manx 2 Day Results

physco

1st Graham Jarvis

2nd Dan Thorpe

3rd Steve Colley

Not sure about clubman as we were late to the prize giving due to indulgement in well deserved alcoholic refreshement. B)

Edited by GregD

Just back - Brilliant trial again, lots of areas missed out and a lot more road work, but didn't detract from the quality of the event in my view. Some new areas too - felt a bit strange riding between families making sand castles on Laxey beech.

Left me wanting more trials anyway.

Bad bits (although slightly comical in places):

Waving as I passed a Honda 200 going up a steep hill on the road, then popped a wheelie round the corner, tyre flexed, I did an involuntary pivot turn (although one of the best I've ever done at speed) and had to wave at him again as I passed him on the way down :D Endangered underpant moment.

Beaten by a girl B) OK I can put up with it, she's a good girl. How can she throw that bike around better than most of us lot, with such a small frame, well done Katy (my kids are still going to take the mickey :D).

Good bits:

Everything else - too numerous to mention - Roll on next year!

Cheers for the praise Bikespace, and glad you enjoyed it. Roll on next year when things will hopefully be back to normal.

You beat me again so guess I need to sort that for next year! B)

I was talking to Katy in Colours after the presentation and your right, she is obviously so good because her skills mean she doesn't have to muscle the bike around. I think I'm the complete opposite!

I thought that the sunday route was really good and a nice change. Yep, there was little more roadwork than normal but still a few blasts cross country and round the plantations. Wasn't so keen on saturday but then again i seemed to ride a lot better then so who knows.

Nigel D - I only experienced one significant queue all weekend at that was the first group after lunch on sunday. There must have been about 30 people in it and we weren't there that long in the end. Other queues only had a few people in them and all moved pretty quickly.

It was a top weekend though and makes me want to get out on the bike again soon!

Entries open for 2008 around about Easter next year so get it in your diaries.

I Agree with cubby, Brill event this year.

I was lucky enough to travel with a few sidecar and solo riders who had nothing but praise for the event with all the mishaps that had gone on with F&M. and only the one big Q after dinner on sunday was the only bad thing about the hole trial.

Well done all the organisers and i hop next year comes around as quick as this year did

Cheers

DD

P.S

Does anyone know anything about the lakes regs this year? Or if its on with F&M?

Nigel D - I only experienced one significant queue all weekend at that was the first group after lunch on sunday. There must have been about 30 people in it and we weren't there that long in the end. Other queues only had a few people in them and all moved pretty quickly.

Apparently there was a BIG queue at the new group just before Ramsey at the 3rd sub. Unfortunately I did the first two sections then shot off after the rest of our riders, checked with the bloke guiding people in that there were only 2 subs and set off through Ramsey and up the mountain. Got up the mountain and realised I'd missed a section, so went back down through Ramsey again. Loooooooong detour - bike was a wee bit hot by the time I caught up.

Generally for the whole of the rest of the trial I didn't see too much queing.

Just wondering Cubby, is there anything that can be done about the lunch stop? Always seems to happen that the later riders opt for a 5 minute lunch and half the entry descends on the sections after lunch. Happened in a bigger way last year. Is there a better way of enforcing a minimum stop of 15-20 minutes?

This is not a complaint by the way, just wondering if you can improve on perfection :D

And no Dabster - no new fitness regime. Had more beer and more weight this year and it seemed to work so here goes next year :D As one of the heaviest riders I'd like to pay tribute to my amazing 4 year old faultless Sherco 290 B) I dunno how she manages but I can't get rid of her while she's still hanging on in there.

Edited by bikespace

In the IOM you are able to ride and drive at 16. Not sure of the specifics but I am pretty sure you're supposed to be restricted to 125cc until 17. It is the riders responsibility to ensure compliance with the laws of the land, but if we spot blatent things obviously we act.

Bikespace - Nice detour! You just wanted to pose past the guys with their road bikes and leathers in parliament square B)

Will take forward the feedback about the lunchstop. The first guys to be released went on time, but then everyone heads off when they want/before too many pies are eaten/before they stiffen up! And glad you didn't suffer any bad queueing.

Thanks DD, glad you enjoyed it - see you next year!

Anyone else go any feedback?? Good or bad, happy to receive all comments. Please tell me know cause if we don' know we can't fix it.

If you have the manpower cubby a good thing at the lunch stop at Santigosa and other trials in europe is a timed parc ferme, ie you arrive at whatever time and the bike is released 30 /45 minutes later, so it is only the stop that is timed.

Another little thing which I think I saw at a richmond trial and one down in essex at the entrance to a group it would say Jamies Gill sections 21 t0 24 just a little a4 sign so peps know whats there, nice touch. You have to not miss a group of course.

I really enjoyed the Manx again. Didn't see even one section as was busy helping to fuel lots of riders but it is enjoyable anyway - especially the weather!! I still get to know what is happening and seeing the riders come in to fuel still smiling - even on day two - must mean it is good!

Really enjoyed the trial.

Sunday afternoon's sections were brilliant, as well as the fantastic ride up Snubby's Glen to reach the sections there.

Only neg feedback I would give is that quite a few of the sections had very tight turns for no-stop rules.