125 To 156

shazsdad

I have just bought a 125 forward kick Fantic twin shock, which I now want to make into a 200 model. What other parts do I require apart from the barrel, piston and head is it possible to remachine the squish in the head instead of getting one off a 200, if so what are the dimension etc. Any help with flywheel wieghts, carb settings, and igniton setting would be greatfully received. Finally what about the exhaust. Note this bike has the Fantic engine and not the Minerelli one.

I believe Mike Hann used to modify these bikes back in the 80's, does anyone have the details of what he did to them

Thanks

I have just bought a 125 forward kick Fantic twin shock, which I now want to make into a 200 model. What other parts do I require apart from the barrel, piston and head is it possible to remachine the squish in the head instead of getting one off a 200, if so what are the dimension etc. Any help with flywheel wieghts, carb settings, and igniton setting would be greatfully received. Finally what about the exhaust. Note this bike has the Fantic engine and not the Minerelli one.

I believe Mike Hann used to modify these bikes back in the 80's, does anyone have the details of what he did to them

Thanks

hi.... i don't know the exact ins and outs of all this work, but i rode a 125 framed fantic with a 156 engine and running gear and thought it was horrible, but then u might prefer it. they are completely different to the 200's and if that is the engine u would prefer try riding a 200...u will be amazed at the difference. surely buying a 200 is a lot easier and not all that expensive either. where abouts in the country are u? if u r near i'm sure u can come have a go on both, hope this helps j:) haha just noticed ur in fife! oh well.... best of luck :unsure:

Edited by jamese.82