Clothes

theevilscotsman666

I still come back to Hebo trousers every time, although I'm not a great fan of Hebo gloves as they seem to be almost disposable for me.

If you buy Hebos, when they wear out keep hold of them. Chuck them in the cupboard. Then when your next set wear out, get 'em patched up. I drop mine in at a local seamstress and get a set of marking out/practice trousers every time I go through the ar*e on mine.

Gloves I like the 661 mountain bike gloves (most cycle shops), stronger than Hebo.

Jackets - I'm not convinced about proper trials jackets. I've still got a Hebo jacket I paid about

Edited by bikespace

I have used Hebo for many years, it lasts well. My Hebo trial Jacket is used often and is over 10 years old, still looks good for at least another 10 more years. Pro pants are ok and the Tech tops are best, least sweatiest. I agree about the gloves, they are a good fit but don't last as long as they used to. I just rode the 5 day trial in Verdon and used Rittrato gloves, these were the best I have ever used and lasted the event well, I was very impressed. Made in Italy too. I think Birkett may stock these - worth a try.

Bye, PeterB.

• 2 weeks later...

XCting mono suits size *S*

The products looks amazing at http://www.xcting.com/images/products/cata...AN/17007103.jpg

Even at from photos of spanish riders.

After ordering two Section Evolution, none of them looks or matches the photo. Have not been comp. for the return costs.. :D

The problem is that XC dont match the patterns of "top and pants" at waist sew properly, blue/white fields or black lines.

Im expecting quality, at least "looks" for a ~

• 2 months later...

Right I know this a common one and I should probably just buy whatever I find cheapest but I need something that will last as I am a poor student (well kinda :D )

But I am in need of some new gloves after many road cycling miles and a small amount of trials riding this year my No Fear Combats are all but fallen apart! So has anyone seen any bargains about as we are at the end of season time of the year? Or know of any new ones that have previously known good build quality?

Ta

Depends on a number of factors really:

1 Are you a fat git because the manufacturers don't tend to model their gear for the larger body...... :D

2 Are you a complete poser???? :D no names no pack drill but look through some of the pics on here

3 Are you loaded because lots of it aint cheap

I use Acerbis Impact range of Enduro pants. Why? Well I doubt any males over 35 shouldn't wear lycra - or any skintight stretch one piece suit. But more important than how your 'bits' look, I like the knee proetction and the longer-lasting fabric strength that Enduro pants bring. Anyone else agree?

I wear the hebo trials team glove and they still havn't got holes in them. Ive had them for two yars and have used them for trials and cyclo trials every night.

jack

Hmm thanks for that Jack, I have never tried these as I have heard they wore quite quickly! May give em a go though if I can get more reports like that

How about these trousers?!!! :banana2:

click here

Nice eh?

On a more serious note, I've had Hebo, Xc-ting and 661 gloves in the past, but the Hebo neoprene I'm wearing at the moment are the best. Slightly thicker than normal, but they seem bullet proof.

Clothing wise, I've had Xc-ting, Clice and On&Off, don't think there is much between the first two, but the On&Off is thinner fabric more suited to summer riding.

I use Acerbis Impact range of Enduro pants. Why? Well I doubt any males over 35 shouldn't wear lycra - or any skintight stretch one piece suit. But more important than how your 'bits' look, I like the knee proetction and the longer-lasting fabric strength that Enduro pants bring. Anyone else agree?

Agree completely. The prices paid for trials gear is absurd. I have been wearing Moose Qualifier (their enduro stuff) gear for years now.

Take a look at this link: http://www.rockymoto.com/moose_07_qualifier_a_page.htm

On sale, at the moment, you can get a pair of pants for $35.00 and a jersey for $14.00

I ordered two pairs of pants, two jerseys, paid tax, and shipping, for less than you typically pay for one pair of trials pants. Even after paying the shipping from the US to the UK, you would still come out like a bandit.