Sherco 125 2004 Maintenence

rockdan

Hi,

RockDan here I am 10 and I would like a 2004 Sherco 125 maintainence book.

I saw Ishys link but that all seems a bit advanced for me and I couldn't see any maintenance info for my 2004 125.

Does anybody know where I can get any info and ideally a copy of the owners/maintenance manual?

Thanks RockDan

Hey, Thanks for the info.

Shercoholic, thanks that link looks useful, I've downloaded it and will read it. Maybe those downloads aren't as scary as I first thought.

I went out on my new bike today and we've just come in from the garage.

If anyone can help with these questions I'd be really greatful

1. There's a tiny drilled hole in the front right of the engine casing (near the water pump) that appears to be leaking water out slightly. What's it for and should it leak ?

2. Any tips on starting the bike ? it took us quite a while to get it going from cold .... choke on/off? throttle on/mid/off ?

3. I was riding it for 2 hours and the fan didn't come on. Should it ? any advice on what to check before we call the place we bought it from ?

4. Is there an easy way to check the water level ?

5.when the choke is on the revs go right up even with my hands aren't touching the throttle.

BIG thanks,rockDan

:o

Fan would definitely come on during 2 hours of riding, unless you're from the arctic.

To check the coolant level, take the rear mudguard off, and the tank. You can get the cap off the radiator by tapping it anticlockwise with a large flat screwdriver. Shine a torch down in to the rad, you should be able to see it. If not, top it up. Might have to use something to dip the level, it's an awkward angle.

You can test the fan by attaching to a car battery.

Check wires under tank all connected, particularly to fan and thermostat.

Bit worried about your hole near the water pump. Not something I'm aware of. Have you got four allen bolts in the water pump housing - three around the outside and one in the middle towards the bottom?

It's fairly common, although I don't particularly agree with it, to drill a hole in the flywheel cover to let water out, but nowt on the right hand side???

As that is what the hole is there for! New seals are in order, possibly new shaft if it is grooved.

If the coolant level is too low, the fan may not operate! Fill with water to test it, just enough to cover the radiator core and leave a little room at the top for expansion.

Run the bike, fan should come on within 5-10 minutes, if it will not come on, connect the two wires going to the thermo switch together, fan should run. :o

Hi RockDan

Truely impressed that a 10 year old is thinking about maintainance.

Just a small point to bear in mind, the ACU says that until you are 12 you are limited to an 80cc in all trials competitions.

For practice your 125 is fine but until you get into youth B class (for 2007, born in 1992, 1993 & 1994) you can't compete on a 125.

Good luck.

Mike

Wow thanks ......

bikespace Thanks for the fan info i'll get my dad to look at it. :o

spudsdad Thanks for that we'll keep an eye on the leak. ;)

copemech Great, we'll top it up and test the fan. :rotfl:

TomsDad Thanks, But I don't ride Trials. :D

BIG Thanks RockDan :o