Broken Shock

kdub

OK guys my new purchase 03 280 has a broken shock. Only moving about 1/4 of the stroke . Are these rebuildable and are replacements expensive. This is my first second hand bike in years and I am all ready regretting it, had to pull the flywheel off yesterday to clean the insides out(full of crud) due to a weak spark.

Would an older txt 1998 model shock fit?

Cheers for any help huys.

Have you taken the shock off the bike and inspected it. I would remove the spring and look for oil and check the movement of the shock. Most shocks are rebuildable but not always worth it. Call your local rep and see what he has. The bike is worth a new shock.

• 2 weeks later...
If its rebuildable then no problem it will get done a.s.a.p.

Just FYI KDUB,

The older TXT's (up to but not necessarily the 2000 model year) used a shock that held a spring that was NOT tapered, meaning the top hole in coil was same as the other in size (diameter) but the newer bikes, use Tapered springs. I could use the tapered in my older bike, but I am pretty positive I couldn't use the square spring in the newer bikes. We had both 99 321 & 2000 321, 2002 200 at the same time, not long ago.