Frank The Welder Frame? Ftw

biffsgasgas

I know I am probably in the wrong forum for this right now but I had to ask.

I ride bicycle in the off season from october till april to try and stay in a shape other than round.

I have realized that the monty 219 magura (my present ride) is just too short for me being 6.0'.

So I am doing my research on zoo, koxx, and other brands. I want to build up a real trials bicycle and take it serious this winter.

I am seeing this interesting new frame from trialsin (which i was surprised changed hands).

Anybody used the FTW frame? I want to stay with a mod bike because i like the manuverability. (makes me feel like a hero)

I am really just starting the research phase and i can build up over the winter if i need to.

I will dump the monty to some lucky kid for 200 or so and allocate about 800 to get a proper cheap mod bike.

Thanks for the input.

--Biff

Wow... They like to stir things up over there. Principals over personalities. My principal goal is to ride trials. I dont let others personalities get in the way of that. Just leads into politics and as an american i can say that i am no politician...hahahaha...thanks for the info.

By the way on a side note. RTW i love your website. About a year ago we had a "Superbowl" type party with about 8 people comming over to a buddies house. We fired up the big screen, got tons of beer, logged into your website and watched all of the Kickstarts you had up there. Thanks for providing a bunch of yanks a night of fun. Hats off.

--Biff

Theres more info on that frame HERE. Good thread, pretty much tells the story from the frames infancy.

I am sure that frame will be awesome. I have not ridden but have a friend who rode one in Rockport,MA. Said it was great. FTW knows how to build bikes too. You may have seen his other bikes SINISTER BIKES. I would sat that it would be a safe bet its a winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Biff,

My kid wants your Monty.

I'll get a hold of you off board to discuss.

~Gaby

Oops sorry Gaby.

Sold it to Waldo at your trials.

Now i am itching.

Its a funny thing. I have only been with out the thing for a week. I only rode it about once a month untill i was so out of breath i wanted to puke. Now i want a new one.... This sport is definetly an illness.

--Biff

Furthermore now i am in the dilema of stock or mod... I like the mod for manuverability however i need to work on the basics first and being calm on the thing.

This weeks attraction is the stock phase 1.3 but those vee brakes make me wonder..... oh desicions desicions. Thanks for the push sam mid west bike trials is a great site!

--Biff

I'd buy anything Frank makes!! I have two of his Spooky XC mountain bike frames and a buddy rode his downhill and dirt jumping frames. The guy is good at what he does and is awesome to talk with. Very passionate about his work. I think I remember him building a small downhill rig for his kid that was cool and also a bmx ride with disc brakes. If your really considering his frame, get intouch with him, very down to earth.