Vee Trials Tyres?

edgas250

Don't touch them, I bought a set, used them for one trial & then took them off. They are significantly narrower and the tread depth is less than a popper trials tyre, they don't grip. Thankfully I can find a home for mine on my old enduro bike. I am an over weight, over aged wobbler & even I can tell the difference !!!! IMHO Save yourself some money and just buy the one set ! Hope this helps .... Mike

Edited by arun1664

I ended up with IRC Rear, Mitch front but please don't take this as a recommendation. I am sure there are better riders than me who know the ground you ride on and can give decent advise. My point is that the V Rubber tyres are (compared to proper brands) not very good at all, and I think you would regret the purchase long after you had though you had got a bargain, I did!.... Rgds Mike

Vee Rubbers and Mitas are both made by companies that only make road tyres so they use different measurments. I found that with a mitas you had to run it at a couple of PSI higher then mich's or IRC's. They were ok as a clubman but now im an INTER i use mostly Mich's and use IRC's when its wet mud. hope this helps

I've found the the vee rubber tyre has a very hard sidewall and a hard compund, not good for muddy conditions, but Ok for enduro bikes. The X11 is very good. The IRC competition tyre is my favorite as it has a slightly harder sidewall, which if your like me not the lightest rider around ( 220+lb) is a advantage and works well in the mud and lasts a bit longer than an X11. I run these at around 3--3.5 lb with no problems.