Oil Problem

kdub

OK guys only had the bike a few weeks now if that. Done about 5 hours on the bike and tjought it was time to get the oil changed. So out the back I went and warmed up the engine. To my shock and horror when the oil started to come out it was a yellow/green colour. I also got a quantity of say around 1.5 litres :( .

So how does this happen, is it the Water pump seal etc. If so anyone know where to get it and how much.

Thanks in advance guys, Cheers Kevin!!!!

OK guys only had the bike a few weeks now if that. Done about 5 hours on the bike and tjought it was time to get the oil changed. So out the back I went and warmed up the engine. To my shock and horror when the oil started to come out it was a yellow/green colour. I also got a quantity of say around 1.5 litres :( .

So how does this happen, is it the Water pump seal etc. If so anyone know where to get it and how much.

Thanks in advance guys, Cheers Kevin!!!!

Kdub

What make and year of bike are we looking at here?

2006 sy 250 :(

kdub

Most likely to be the water pump shaft and seal. However water runs from barrel, through crank cases and into pump on these. So it could also be base gasket or crankcase to clutch cover gasket.

Never really heard of many water in oil problems with these. Give Nigel Birkett (the importer) a ring on 01229 716806. He is very helpfull and has worked on these engines since they were in Yamaha TYZ's. He will also send you and parts you need and runs a very slick parts service.

Maybee you should have kept the Gasser.

Please post what you find for others.

Wobbly

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

our friend doesnt know the oil is green so I wouldnt expect his measuring skills to be to flash.

I think Hoppy is all over it .Our friend had his beer goggles on . :thumbup:

Or the whacky tobaccy :D

Drakey

Edited by Drakey