Sherco Press Release On Unnamed Motorcycle

malibudon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told this week by a reputable source, that one former world champ had ridden the bike and found the suspension comperable to a '98 model bike!!!!!!

Do you think that could be used in their defence? How can we have copied the Sherco, a previous World Champion has testified that it rides like a 98 model. Wasn't this a year before the Sherco was a GasGas? :guinness:

'98 suspension technology should make it comparable to Scorpa or Beta eh? Could still be a bargain at that price then. :D

Yes! Hho told YOU???? :D

Mulder and Scully.........

or perhaps Ant and Dec.

On seperate note and not connected to Copemechs question I see those technological / manufacturing halfwits the Chinese put another rocket into space today and plan to have a man on the moon and possibly a take away within 10 years !

of course they couldnt possibly make somthing as advanced as a trials bike :guinness: Could they ?

Sherco are in the process of preparing legal action are they

ARE THEY JOKING.

Honda and Suzuki engines have been copied identically by the Chinese for years and if the mightly Japanese companies had no luck in stopping it .......then Sherco certainly wont.

They'll have to ride this out like Gas Gas did with the Grey imports

Lets wait and see what these Xispa's are like.

You get what you pay for comes to mind.It's probable that the quality will be crap.

Mr Observer please step out from the shadows and enlighten us with your identity. If I read between the line correctly you are making some serious accusations against a man who has made the growth of trials in the US his life's work.

It's easy to throw stones when you are hiding, so step out in the open.

The same person that rode the Xispa has also rode the new Gas Gas 4t!

So step out, We're waiting

One of the STOOGES ;)

I have no reason to doubt any of it! I suppose if the same report said that a Chinese copy of the Marzocci fork and Olle or Ohlins shocker were excellent I would have a much more difficult time swallowing it!

Time will tell!

Wow what a roumor! The production bikes will have Showa copy suspension off the Mont! And a Verlicci copy frame as an option! Only adds 2-3 kilos and all your Monty stickers will fit! BS!

Mr Observer who are you or better yet who do you think you are i went back thru your post to figure who you might be and ran across this post

Bou New Indoor Champ

the observer

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts

Posted on: Mar 1 2007, 12:16 PM

Group: Members

Member No.: 3264

this seems very familiar. oh yes, attack one of the sport good guys and then run and hide under a rock. EL you must have been looking at the ML playbook! not very original.

Huh seems like you doing the same what a hypocrit and worse yet in this case the remark is unfounded

You have offended another of the STOOGES

Am I correct in my understanding that Gas Gas was bought out by venture capitalists a couple of years ago.

Big John

Not quite John. They had an investor who pulled out a while back and found another to replace them. The investor holds 40% and the remainder is held by Casas & Piebernat.

When Gas Gas start shedding riders they are developing a new model. It's a pattern I've picked up over the years.

Anyway, very unlikely Gasser have a financial interest in Xispa.

Am I correct in my understanding that Gas Gas was bought out by venture capitalists a couple of years ago.

Big John

Not quite John. They had an investor who pulled out a while back and found another to replace them. The investor holds 40% and the remainder is held by Casas & Piebernat.

When Gas Gas start shedding riders they are developing a new model. It's a pattern I've picked up over the years.

Anyway, very unlikely Gasser have a financial interest in Xispa.

Thanks Tim, I wasn't quite sure, but I remember reading about a buy-out some time ago.

Big John

• 3 weeks later...
sorry not talking aboot the frames mate im talking about the bag of old spanners they call an engine!!!ive heard quieter

JACK HAMMERS! ;)

If nothing else it's amusing reading you guys. Bag of old spanners for an engine indeed.

Your friends in the US aren't nearly as creative in our descriptions of things. :thumbup:

On topic. If this bike is anything like the Chinese enduro bikes sold in the US then it won't be worth the air in the tires.

• 10 months later...

Hello all

Just thought I stick in my bit as someone who sub-contracts a factory in China and is a developement engineer.

The Chinese have been getting the "Cheap Chinese" label for some years, sadly it is a title earned after years of providing cheap copies for unscrupulous Europeans and Americans who were looking for cheap imitations of just about everything form the kitchen sink to a space ship. The last of which belonged to the Chinese and ascended into space only a week or two ago, and without the problems the Americans or dare I say the Brits tend to regularly experience, didn't we lose something very expensive on Mars recently.

If I were Sherco my biggest concern would be that the Chinese bike was a better quality, through experience I can tell you that you get what you pay for in China and the quality can be exceptional if that

Edited by renegade