175f In The Scottish

thespikeyone

Hi there,

I am considering riding the SSDT next year, I am currently riding an 07 175F and was wondering how the people who rode them this year got on????? I know narita got on well but I am more interested in the clubmen riders, i'm not really interested in the results more the perfomance of the bike. Was it quick enough over the moor and on the road etc. I have done the loch lomond 2 day on it and found that ok, although it was a bit slow over the moor.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

spike

• 2 weeks later...

If you're at The Scott this weekend, look out for Allan Adamson riding his 162cc Scorpa, I think it's the one they call the TYS200. He's up near the front, no.7 I think.

There were only 2 air-cooled Scorpa 4t's in the Scottish this year, Narita and John Holland, both on 162s. I spoke to JH at the final time check on the Saturday, he seemed pleased enough with it, said it was a lot more comfy on the roads as well. Not sure what gearing they use at the SSDT, maybe an 11T engine sprocket to make it a bit quicker between sections but it would then be a bit quick in the sections without clutching it. I did notice that Narita had his one bouncing off the rev limiter at times in the sections.

I rode my 125 at the Manx this year and found that with the 10T on I was revving the nuts off it on the roads, I believe the internal gear ratios on all the models are the same.

If you managed to get round the LL 2-day on it, I wouldn't imagine you'd struggle too much at The Scottish. The first year of the 125's, 2003, there were 3 of them, Narita on a 143 and Crosser and the Japanese Yamaha guy on 125s. They all finished and the Japanese was in the bottom half of the Clubman abilities.

Certainly reliability shouldn't be a problem.

If you're at The Scott this weekend, look out for Allan Adamson riding his 162cc Scorpa, I think it's the one they call the TYS200. He's up near the front, no.7 I think.

There were only 2 air-cooled Scorpa 4t's in the Scottish this year, Narita and John Holland, both on 162s. I spoke to JH at the final time check on the Saturday, he seemed pleased enough with it, said it was a lot more comfy on the roads as well. Not sure what gearing they use at the SSDT, maybe an 11T engine sprocket to make it a bit quicker between sections but it would then be a bit quick in the sections without clutching it. I did notice that Narita had his one bouncing off the rev limiter at times in the sections.

I rode my 125 at the Manx this year and found that with the 10T on I was revving the nuts off it on the roads, I believe the internal gear ratios on all the models are the same.

If you managed to get round the LL 2-day on it, I wouldn't imagine you'd struggle too much at The Scottish. The first year of the 125's, 2003, there were 3 of them, Narita on a 143 and Crosser and the Japanese Yamaha guy on 125s. They all finished and the Japanese was in the bottom half of the Clubman abilities.

Certainly reliability shouldn't be a problem.

All sounds sweet. Here goes nothing :ph34r:

I've just upgraded my 143 to the 200 after 2years of trouble free service, well I say trouble free she did get a flat in the rear tyre once.........

I can quite honestly say that those extra cc's do make an awful difference, in fact on her first outing this weekend I won my class for the first time in over a year so she has a 100% track record thus far.......

She feels and handles the same as the 143 but that extra zap makes the difference for those of us with less than perfect technique, as to how she would handle a scottish I would have no quarmes at all at competing with the big boys although a longride seat would be in order.