Laia Sanz

cota kid

No discredit to Iris Kramer, she did what she needed to do, but is there anyone who actually does not think that Laia Sanz is the best woman rider. To drop from 3 rounds to 2 and then have the title decided on 'last goals the winner' doesn't seem the fair. Also not forgetting the sections are below the severity of sections Laia is used to.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No discredit to Iris Kramer, she did what she needed to do, but is there anyone who actually does not think that Laia Sanz is the best woman rider. To drop from 3 rounds to 2 and then have the title decided on 'last goals the winner' doesn't seem the fair. Also not forgetting the sections are below the severity of sections Laia is used to.

Life is not fair !!

Lifes a bitch and then you die !!

I reckon Becky Cook is better than Iris Kramer, but it's the scores on the doors that count.

So well done Iris. Laia is a very tallented rider and to beat her in anyway is a great acheivement.

Perhaps it's "World Domination" minus 1

I dont think anybody would disagree with the fact that laia sanz is still the best rider in the championship, but sometimes the best riders do not always win, just one of those things, Iris has been a top rider for many years and for once things went her way, that's life.

I'm new to these forums but would l would just like to say I thought Laia was very unlucky not to win, had she not have received a 5 on one section she would have finished the event on 1 mark. I've included a link to a picture of the infamous 5. She even signed a copy of the picture for me!! http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6693007

Edited by cobra427

I don't think you can dispute that Laia is head and shoulders above the rest of the girls riding. She just has that something extra and is completely competitive with the men she rides against.

So it is a shame on one hand that she lost, and it certainly meant a lot to her as she was in tears coming out of the last section, so don't think it doesn't. But there are two points I think that are worth mentioning. Firstly that the value of the ladies WTC has increased now there are two riders capable of winning, and possibly more if you include Becky, Maria and Donna. This can only be a good thing and hopefully will make the standard get even better.

And secondly, it is sometimes nice to have a change, and this win certainly spiced things up, however I personally don't like the last round winner takes all rule, but a decision has to be made somehow. The strength of Laia will now be shown as I would bet a fair wad of cash that she will be completely dominant next season.

Being the person in the above photo holding the '5' i don't think anyone was more shocked than me!!

I've been around and about womens trials since it first started out and i am pleased on the one hand for Iris to have finally won after 10 years of trying and always being a close second. This doesn't mean i didn't feel bad when i heard the '5' cost Laia the championship. I first met Laia in Italy when I think she was 14 - didn't speak any english and my broken yorkshire was well lost on her - she was a very talented rider then - we were told she was a young spanish girl who wanted someone to practise with - she left us standing straight away!

I think Laia is by far the best Women rider we have ever seen and i'm sure she will come back fighting hard and twice as motivated. It was a school girl error - the type i make on a weekly basis but thats what trials are all about and I'm sure she'll have lost sleep over it!

Well Done Iris! :blink: Sorry Laia! :P

Cubby,

i think having a 2 round women's WTC has if anything has devalued the championship, regardless of who has won it. The high quality of the women competing in trials today, deserve more than a just 2 or even 3 rounds to determine the championship.