Natc/world Round Schedule

300pro

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess, looks like not many clubs wanted to put on a national next year. But ! the Big Thing is with bikes, parts and traveling expenses going up

it should help those who go and save the importers some money in these tight times with the euro and dollar.

What a good idea, 6 event's two trips, problem could end up being too many entries

-May, 24, 25, 26 Colorado

-August 22, 23, 24 Duluth, MN

Now if the FIM could do the same, 3 days in June and mebe three in September they might be able improve entries.

How much are they ? I still think under this format the cost of doing the national series will be at least halved, people will have to take less time off work, as it only requires you attend two three day event's.

The importers should save a fortune, on travel alone, an dthose riders who are having a crack at a few world rounds will be able to fit them in without conflicting dates.

The two clubs hosting the event's will make at least a third more, for the hard work.

And I think more riders will take on the full series.

However I have heared that the reason for this format was lack of clubs to host event's, on the bright side it may of done the series a favor.

We can only wait and see what the first round entry list looks like, hope it's a long loop, 200 entries would soon bunch up on a two or three mile loop.

Yes Ishy, That's what I meant in my earlier post just didn't spell it out. All cost involved will be cheaper in the long run.

Entry I hear is now $100 per national $300 for the weekend with late fee at $200 per. Pony up ! Now if you have a son or daughter who rides, that would be $600 in entries for the weekend. The club will make more per entry and like you said more for the extra day. I understand that the entry fee could possibly change year to year depending on the number of nationals, as it is based on taking X amount of dollars to run the series. This is based on the info I have been sent.

Edited by rlracer

For a two location series, maybe they could come up with two clubs willing to host in 09 before Aug 08, then sort other NATC business at the Duluth rounds, hold a meeting in the Ski lodge, day before or after, it would save a lot of travel and hotel expenses if they could have the meeting at a time and location most of the NATC reps will be at.

Edited by Ishy

lets see $300 enry fee $150??? mider entry fee 1600 miles x 30cents mi -$480 $60-$100 land use fees

thats $1000 for 1 rider and 1 minder 3 day event if we camp and $1200 if we use a motel. common sense says skip 1 or both nationals and trade for a new bike before euro goes up more. common sense doesnt always win.

regionals have been a lot of fun though and we may stay closer to home

I may get chewed on for being an internet rider asking stupid questions but im inclined to ask a question about natc here it goes im not being critical just ignorant of facts does the club hosting get only 1/2 of the fees if so what does the other half go toward

It cost me over $3000 to ride the Scottish this year, no gripes I wanted to do it, made it my vacation.

I still don't know any other motor sport that you could attend and compete at National level for the figures you mention above.

I can see your point if you don't think it's value for money, but some do and get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

It will be interesting to see how many riders do attend the two weekend's, I would think an average entry in the past is 100, I think we will see a lot more enter, but we will have to wait and see.

As far as the NATC is concerned, all monies raised from entry fees goes back into running more nationals, entries, course markings, results, year end awards, website, annual meeting, no paid positions all volunteer work.

still don't know any other motor sport that you could attend and compete at National level for the figures you mention above.

very true

but also i dont know of any other sport where i can stay at home have 2 or 3 friends over go out trim 3 or 4 sections and have a blast and spend nothing other than a gallon of fuel and whatever breaks. What a great sport