What Chain?

dabomb

I agree, don't buy an IRIS chain. I try to look after my chains and sprockets. The original chain and sprockets on my 290 had done about 40 - 50 trials when I replaced them. The IRIS chain lasted 6 easy club trials of no significant distance then it snapped. I was even having adjust the chain part way through the trial!

The dealer passed the chain back to rep that supplied them thinking it might be faulty. But they never bothered to find out. I was a bit miffed to say the least.

Its not just the expense of the chain. Snapping chains can damage crank cases. The regina chain I fitted is doing ok but with hindsight I'd get a renthal.

Thanks for the advice chaps.I have a regina on at the moment but it seems to be stretching really quickly,makes me think its gonna snap.I think i will go for renthal,i`ve never heard a bad word said about them.Just to confirm,is it the 520 type??

Hey Scraggydog,funny thing that about original chain/sprockets.My mate bought a new 05 250,its still got the originals on and the`re still like new!!!

PHB,i always take a spare(old) chain when i go out.It must be paranoya!!!!

Cheers