Peak Trial 4/11/07

doogle

How hard is the peak?

I have ridden a few of these rounds and had a good day but i have heard the Peak is pretty hard, especially the last group at Backtor.

Too late for me this year to enter but i fancy trying all the rounds next year.

Woody, Paioli, perhaps you can shed some light for me?

Yes, program came at the begining of the week.

Sidecars away first at 8.30am, first solo at 9.0am.

Could you do me a favour and tell me if D Giltrow, S Woodfield and R Woodfield are on the list, and what time we start.

I presume it starts from the cement works again.

Thanks for your help.

How hard is the peak?

I have ridden a few of these rounds and had a good day but i have heard the Peak is pretty hard, especially the last group at Backtor.

I only ride the clubman route, but it's not to bad. The last group is hard but the rest of the trial is fine. IN the last group it is all stuff that you can have a go at and get out easy if you 5. No gulleys where the only way out is through the section. This and the Hillsborough Classic which sadly had to be cancelled are 2 of my favourate 1 dayers of the year.

Yes, program came at the begining of the week.

Sidecars away first at 8.30am, first solo at 9.0am.

Could you do me a favour and tell me if D Giltrow, S Woodfield and R Woodfield are on the list, and what time we start.

I presume it starts from the cement works again.

Thanks for your help.

Your start times are 10.00, 10.01 & 10.02 in the order you have listed.

Yes, start is Blue Circle, Hope.

How hard is the peak?

Well, haven't ridden it for 4 or 5 years now, mainly because it isn't one of my favourite events. In all the years I rode it (as a Classic round) there was never much to really have a go at and it all came down to a couple of sections in the last group to take a few marks. There are no horrifyng stoppers as Doogle has mentioned, all the sections are rideable so don't think you've anything to worry about there.

The rounds at Bootle, Lancs County, Torridge and Hillsborough are the harder events of the series

Next year there is the possibility that here will be a 50/50 route - details yet to be finalised I think, see seperate thread on the subject - so that riders who don't want to compete on the full championship route can still enjoy riding in a traditional trial using eased routes on 50% of the sections.

Going back to the Peak, in the years I have ridden it the Police have been very visible at the start venue and out on the route, particularly one year when they were waiting back at the finish to check bikes for road tax etc. - there was a very large gathering of riders in a field a short distance from the finish area for some reason.....

Thanks chaps.

Will give it a go next year may be..

Main reason for asking is that i have been told i need a knee replcement at the ripe old age of 44, but i still like to ride a good trial without too much onus on making the injury worse with daft sections.

Good to hear of poss 50/50 route, should encorage the lesser rider to take part in a proper road based event without too much stress.